IGNORED

Sears System and a &*^% load of games.

brucebidder

I am selling off portions of my collection as I sort through them and I just posted a bunch of stuff on ebay. Some of the highlights are:

1. All nine Sears gatefold boxed games complete ;)

2. Sears Video Arcade II with 71 Sears games of differing label variations (THis one was my favorite) :lust:

3. A bunch of other games and stuff with more to come in the next few weeks.../. :D

here is the link if interested...

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbruce_bidder

Are there still any collectors, aside from the few who everyone knows? I think this hobby is much smaller than everyone thinks.

>moved topic to auction forum<

Actually I think the hobby is a lot larger than people think. There were over 300 Actionauts that Rob Fulop was able to sell. So by that account there has to be atleast 300 collectors out there. That is more than a few in my opinion. :ponder:

Are there still any collectors, aside from the few who everyone knows? I think this hobby is much smaller than everyone thinks.

>moved topic to auction forum

Actually I think the hobby is a lot larger than people think. There were over 300 Actionauts that Rob Fulop was able to sell. So by that account there has to be atleast 300 collectors out there. That is more than a few in my opinion. :ponder:

You aren't one of them. :P

You aren't one of them. :P

I did not buy one of them so your right. :sad:

THanks for moving the post I thought I was in auctions but I must of missed it. Also I am still a heavy collector I am just paring down the collection. I have been heavily collecting for years I just have not sold off much of the stuff I have multiples of. ALso I would say there is a fair amount of collectors out there. I am a heavy variant collector of which I would say there are alot less. :cool:

>moved topic to auction forum

THanks for moving the post I thought I was in auctions but I must of missed it. Also I am still a heavy collector I am just paring down the collection. I have been heavily collecting for years I just have not sold off much of the stuff I have multiples of. ALso I would say there is a fair amount of collectors out there. I am a heavy variant collector of which I would say there are alot less. :cool:

Those are all multiples? If so, I take back what I said. I just see this whole "selling parts of my collection" or "selling my collection" way too often lately, it makes me kind of sad that nobody in the last few years is really just collecting for the sake of having a large library (except Wonder007 - LOL).

Variants are cool. :cool:

Mmmm, grey boxes.

Those are all multiples? If so, I take back what I said. I just see this whole "selling parts of my collection" or "selling my collection" way too often lately, it makes me kind of sad that nobody in the last few years is really just collecting for the sake of having a large library (except Wonder007 - LOL).

Mmmm, grey boxes.

Yeah those are all multiples. I have bought alot of stuff over the last ten years but finally have some time to sort and display my collection in our game room. I have most of the Sears games boxed so selling off the loose items helps me buy more to expand the collection further. If I ever get everything sorted and displayed I will post a few pics. I have somewhere around 500-600 boxed games and a few hundred more loose along with a whole bunch of variants(Thanks Atari for not ever putting out the same design twice). Of course on top of that are the 600 loose doubles I have to package up and sell... But anyway I keep one of everything and sell the doubles. So everything Im selling I already have...

:cool:

Of course my wife would love to hear me say I'm selling my whole collection.... :ponder:

I am selling off portions of my collection as I sort through them and I just posted a bunch of stuff on ebay. Some of the highlights are:

1. All nine Sears gatefold boxed games complete ;)

2. Sears Video Arcade II with 71 Sears games of differing label variations (THis one was my favorite) :lust:

3. A bunch of other games and stuff with more to come in the next few weeks.../. :D

here is the link if interested...

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbruce_bidder

thanks, I am stalking it... we'lll see

Well, I'm collecting to have a large library (boxed whenever I can) - and more importantly, one that I play - and I'm getting to that rarefied air where, aside from a few odds and ends, mainly I'm approaching R9s and R10s. My collecting has slowed because of the increased cost, crappy economy, and just scarcity of items, but I'm hitting MegaMillions on Tuesday and will be buying a bunch of stuff! :P

i'll cop to starting to trim things down, yet at the same time, i now have 12 carts to sell because i couldn't resist 1986 . ;)

Well I think for many of us, this is still just a hobby and when it boils down you need to keep a level head and be responsible in all aspects of your life. I think the number of collectors selling just for lack of appreciation is actually very low. I believe most who do sell off probably have very valid reasons for doing so. I recall you selling off parts of your collection when you were forced to as well. Without knowing each situation it's hard to put a finger on it and call it apathy. I know I've seen several collectors go over the past couple years. There have been collectors losing their jobs, having their cars break down, or who've been injured and didn't have the insurance to cover the bill. Selling sprees to help fund college bills or loans. I'm sure there are some speed collectors as well who after awhile get in over their heads and need to sell off to correct their mistakes. To this I would also say it's quite possible that collectors are trying to be discreet in their actions and would rather say they are moving off to bigger & better things or taking a trip to Hong Kong than own up to credit card debt or general lack of responsibility.

I personally have had several life changing events over the past couple years and I've sold off a lot of my rarities to help in those changes. Still I would consider myself a collector and think my collection is quite huge at 600+ boxed Atari games. I wish I had kept a better record of prices for all I've sold, but I'd estimate somewhere around the 12-15K range in the past couple years. But if you walked into my room you'd never know it. I've learned to appreciate all I do have, and I've never looked back with teary eyes of regret.

Of course my wife would love to hear me say I'm selling my whole collection.... :ponder:

I know for a fact your wife bought you Atari games for Christmas, so she can't be too bad. ;)

I did not buy one of them so your right. :sad:

you're

Drives me crazy and English isn't even my first language. LOL

You know what I meant. ;)

Looks like Lemoncurry hacked CPUWIZ's account. ;)

No, but he isn't in a heated discussion with anyone, so he's safe. :roll:

I'm not the only one who is bothered by misuse, I'm just the one it's apparently ok to call names about pointing them out occasionally. I don't see anyone daring to rag on CPUWIZ about it!

But this isn't about me, back to our regularly scheduled programming!

I had a bid in on the Sears Text labels... (which I needed badly)... and was going to bid again. Then the internet drug me in deeper and deeper as I was researching stuff for a project. So I missed out on this one.

I'll gladly take intrest in any other doubles you may have like this! LOL

I think whoever got that ended up getting the majority of Sears Text games that are out there. I think he was missing 10 or so... and that was it.