IGNORED

ColecoVision Add-a-Halt add-on?

Pixelboy

Hi Doubledown,

Does the "Add-a-Halt" just pull the BUSREQ (or possibly WAIT) line to ground?

Thanks,

5-11under

I know which contacts on the ColecoVision's PCB Expansion Module Interface card-edge are force contacted via the switch, but I haven't traced them back to the CPU to determine which actual pins they are.

Very interesting item. I did a google search for this and the only thing that came up was a link to this discussion. What I like about it the most is that it uses the expansion port. One of the few instances of an interesting addition to a system with an expansion

port.

I'm going to flip through my meager comic collection for any ads about this. This item really seems like a one of a kind device.

• 2 months later...
I'd be curious to know if the name Add-A-Halt was actually trademarked as the label indicates.

TM is used for unregistered trademarks, for registered trademarks you use R.

Philipp

In fact TM can be used for unregistered AND registered trademarks. Whereas R can ONLY be used for registered trademarks as you indicate.

I'm going to flip through my meager comic collection for any ads about this. This item really seems like a one of a kind device.

Definitely not one-of-a-kind. Jerry G. had this particular item indexed within his catalog of known production hardware. Though, production of it was more akin to the numerous third-party ADAM hardware bits of the era than typical mass production.