IGNORED

Hornpipe2's Blog - Turn Yourself Around

RSS Bot

Drawing more sprites (I think I'm up to 13 now). I added in a quick 'hack' to try turning the character around - it works great. Attached is a quick animation so you can see the effect. Also, I've assigned all the sprites I should need and have a couple to spare, which will be good as either more filler for smoothing animations, or special poses.

I have an idea for the title screen that I like, but I need one of those playfield tools - anyone got a link handy, or will I need to code mine up from scratch?

I had wanted to stick pretty close to IK+ controls for this, but some of those moves don't translate well so I dropped them, and in the process ended up changing the controls to be more intuitive anyway. Generally: move with U/D/L/R/UL/DL, punch with UR/DR/A, turn around with A+(U/D)L, kick with A+U,A+UR,A+R,A+DR,A+DL. It's a kicking game now I guess...

Some people (okay one person, vdub_bobby haha) are asking for a binary. I have a thing about releasing anything but screenshots until it's ready for public testing. Don't worry - betas and final release will be made available, with source. I just don't feel like posting a ZIP yet with all kinds of caveats ("the only button that works currently is P0 right. Oh and don't push it too much or the game loops infinitely.")

EDIT: Note to self - do something about the belt on that rotation.

Attached thumbnail(s)

blogentry-12384-1203462207_thumb.png

//

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=4544