IGNORED

BIN 2007 Lotus Elise for 6k?

as_the_gavel_falls

I wonder why this was only $6000? If you aren't personally picking it up, make sure you get a reputable transport company. About 10 or so years ago, I had a roommate who bought a Lotus (the same make and year (or very close) as the one James Bond had, which is why I think he bought it) on eBay and had it shipped across the country, only to discover that his car insurance refused to allow him to add it to his policy (apparently the 3 types of cars they refused to cover were Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Lotus), and he really had to scramble to find another company that would issue him insurance.

I wonder why this was only $6000? If you aren't personally picking it up, make sure you get a reputable transport company. About 10 or so years ago, I had a roommate who bought a Lotus (the same make and year (or very close) as the one James Bond had, which is why I think he bought it) on eBay and had it shipped across the country, only to discover that his car insurance refused to allow him to add it to his policy (apparently the 3 types of cars they refused to cover were Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Lotus), and he really had to scramble to find another company that would issue him insurance.

Yep that would definitely be an in person if it gets to that. I'll walk to kentucky to get that for 6k. Probably a typo. It's kinda late there he has a KY number, not Zimbabwe..

I wonder why this was only $6000?

Read the auction...

Presented in Chrome Orange with Black leather interior. Options include: Lifestyle Paint, Star Shield, Hard Top, and Touring Pack.

Rear Performance, Aluminum Wheels, Driver Air Bag, Passenger Air Bag, A/C, Alarm, AM/FM Stereo, CD Player, 4-Wheel ABS, 4-Wheel Disc Brakes, Rear Wheel Drive, Front Floor Mats, Daytime Running Lights, Keyless Entry, Power Door Locks, Targa Roof, Cloth Seats, Bucket Seats, Power Steering, Tires - Front Performance, Intermittent Wipers, Premium Sound System, Vehicle Anti-Theft System, Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel, Rear Spoiler, Wheel Locks .Car in factory shape

Doesn't say anything about an engine...maybe it's missing. LOL

Read the auction...

Presented in Chrome Orange with Black leather interior. Options include: Lifestyle Paint, Star Shield, Hard Top, and Touring Pack.

Rear Performance, Aluminum Wheels, Driver Air Bag, Passenger Air Bag, A/C, Alarm, AM/FM Stereo, CD Player, 4-Wheel ABS, 4-Wheel Disc Brakes, Rear Wheel Drive, Front Floor Mats, Daytime Running Lights, Keyless Entry, Power Door Locks, Targa Roof, Cloth Seats, Bucket Seats, Power Steering, Tires - Front Performance, Intermittent Wipers, Premium Sound System, Vehicle Anti-Theft System, Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel, Rear Spoiler, Wheel Locks .Car in factory shape

Yeah, there were no pictures of the engine compartment either. It does say "Car in factory shape", which would imply an engine. :)

..Al

Read the auction...

Yeah, there were no pictures of the engine compartment either. It does say "Car in factory shape", which would imply an engine. :)

..Al

And factory warranty... those mechanics are usually not too cool with you pulling the engine out and still asking for service.

I am pretty sure that even if there is no engine that this is a heck of a deal for 6K

Your right, even at 3 times that price with no engine your next to stealing that car. This is a case where I think I would fight tooth and nail to get what I paid for to all extent of the law. Hell buying it at 6k the lawyer fee to make sure you get it is a joke to make sure you get a Lotus.

I had two more thoughts about the price:

1) fallout from a divorce settlement (i.e., selling off pricey things way below price to piss off other party)

2) fallout from the mortgage/credit crisis (I saw a report on CNN yesterday about how auto repos are way up in the US)

So it was a scam! Thats funny. I love those cars. and a used one falls in the mid 30's to low 40's. I sold my car this week and thats one I was looking at in St louis. Have you ever tried to get in one. It is the hardest car to get in and out of but when you drive the 200hp car its super cool.