IGNORED

this 5200 forum

phuzaxeman

man it would have been fun to have this forum and competions back in the day. any 5200 problems would be asked on here. gosh those desperate days of tinfoil and flathead screwdrivers (start button) sucked :-) 1 click on the link to redemption would have saved so many headaches.

living in the age of easy access to info and pretty much anything, things like this forum shouldnt be taken for granted. its forums like these that keep our systems alive.

Yep, AA and places like it are awesome. Back in the day, most people thought I was crazy for playing and collecting this stuff. Nothing like a bunch of fellow nutters to help drive the obsess... err, hobby!

And let's not talk about the tinfoil. Or the superglue. It's best forgotten ;)

funny thing was, back when i was in elementary school, every 5200 game was great. i thought the controllers were awesome but broke alot and had to be rigged or replaced. when i owned the 2600, even back then i knew pacman and e.t. sucked. it just seemed the 5200 had so many great games. looking back now, its easy to see why the 5200 is such a gem.

I never had one, but a friend of the family did. I was utterly in AWE of Star Raiders. I spent years trying to track a system down until one morning, I walked into a used video store and was confronted by two 5200s and about fifteen games. Thirty bucks later, I was a five year old kid on christmas. It's a great system. So many good games.

I like all of the Atari systems a lot, but the 5200 is special. After the VCS (my first love), and the Intellivision, the 5200/8-bits are a very close third for my favorite system of all time. Actually, they kind of swap places for second with the INtelly depending on my mood. After that, it's the Colecovision followed by the 7800.

I really like the controllers (once refurbished). All the options of the colecovision controller minus the cramp. So many great games like Star Raiders (best space game of all time), Rescue on Fractalus, Soace Dungeon, Dreadnaught Factor, Mountain King, Defender, Montezuma, Super Pac, MULE, Bounty Bob, Centipede, Moon Patrol well, I could just pretty much list most of the library. I love the fact that I can just grab any of my 65 carts or so, and minus one or two, have a blast regardless of what I get.

I also *love* the 5200 trak ball. That thing is arcade quality, and Centepede and Missile Command are so amazingly good with it. Nowhere else can you play either of those games and have them feel so close to the originals (I should know, my buddy has a Centipede arcade).

Great system! Then you discover the Atari 8-bit computers (or remember them, in my case). Then you are *really* in trouble :D

Great system! Then you discover the Atari 8-bit computers (or remember them, in my case). Then you are *really* in trouble :D

i dont even what to go there.... :-) i love alternate reality and eidolon soo much i ended up writing reviews on them :-)

alternate reality

Edited by phuzaxeman