IGNORED

Funny ebay scenario!

Atarimania75

So last week i have a guy bid on a H.E.R.O cartridge for the Atari 2600. Ok he won that one through bidding. So a day or 2 later he sent a $10.00 offer for my sealed Custer's Revenge and $12 for my CIB Crash Dive.......I get these low ball offers from numerous people and it ticks me off at times. So I sent him an email message to please not send me lowball offers as its a waste of my time, and to please do some research on the item. Which yeah it was a bit harsh but i was ticked at the time. So now the bastard gets back at me by leaving a negative for a cartridge I know worked when i sent it to him. No notification he had problem with it. I guess he was thinking that i couldn't leave him negative but I left him a negative for the fact i knew the cartridge worked when i sent it to him and for the fact that he should have contacted me if there was a problem. I know it was because of my reply to his offers. He has a 36 rating now and his user id is bcoach3. If this post does anything its just to warn people to be careful dealing with this buyer. The whole feedback thing is a joke anymore anyway........so what i have 2 negatives in almost 1000 people i have done business with! PLEASE!!!

Edited by Atarimania75

He has a 36 rating now and his user id is bcoach.

It's actually bcoach3.

I always think it's weird when I see someone who has been registered on eBay for a long time (like this guy, since 2001), yet has a really low feedback count. When I joined eBay, I joined to buy stuff! A lot of stuff! "A house is just a pile of stuff with a cover on it."

He has a 36 rating now and his user id is bcoach.

It's actually bcoach3.

I always think it's weird when I see someone who has been registered on eBay for a long time (like this guy, since 2001), yet has a really low feedback count. When I joined eBay, I joined to buy stuff! A lot of stuff! "A house is just a pile of stuff with a cover on it."

LOL your too quick with the fingers too. I just fixed it! I think the first negative I got helped. I am not even paying much heed to this one. He just retaliated to my ticked off message (which admittedly i should have stopped myself from doing) but I did it and i got mine. I know its just that because I think i would have gotten some message from him about the cart not working before he just decided to negative me. I know activision games like Pitfall II seem to have troubles working at times just a lil help with a qtip and alcohol i got all them working fine.

No offense intended atarimania75, but why use the best offer option if you are going to let low-ball offers offend you?

Some people honestly don't know what an item is worth, or they haven't followed the market in a while. How hard is it to counter offer with something you might actually accept? Or just ignore it? Either option is better than telling the guy wanting to buy your stuff to stop "wasting your time".

I know if I was the guy making an honest offer on something (anything, doesn't matter) , and the seller snapped back about "not wasting (their) time", I'd not only never do business with them, I'd make damned sure everyone else knew how they felt about potential customers.

Just my 2 cents. I know I'm not involved in this transaction, and I don't mean to ruffle any feathers, it just baffles me why anyone would let any offer on their stuff upset them to the point of (more or less) insulting a potential buyer.

No offense intended atarimania75, but why use the best offer option if you are going to let low-ball offers offend you?

Some people honestly don't know what an item is worth, or they haven't followed the market in a while. How hard is it to counter offer with something you might actually accept? Or just ignore it? Either option is better than telling the guy wanting to buy your stuff to stop "wasting your time".

I know if I was the guy making an honest offer on something (anything, doesn't matter) , and the seller snapped back about "not wasting (their) time", I'd not only never do business with them, I'd make damned sure everyone else knew how they felt about potential customers.

Just my 2 cents. I know I'm not involved in this transaction, and I don't mean to ruffle any feathers, it just baffles me why anyone would let any offer on their stuff upset them to the point of (more or less) insulting a potential buyer.

these are words of wisdom. :)

Rick

I did admit I was wrong for doing what I did. And yes I pretty much brought this negative on myself but it can be quite annoying when you are trying to be good at getting back to offers you have on items and you get offers that are 10 percent of what u have the buy it now at. I very much doubt i would sent an offer like that .......it is pretty ridiculous if you ask me. If my buy it now on it is $95 do you really think I am going to decide to accept an offer of $10? I think the buy it now should kind of tell them the item is worth a bit more than that or that there offer is out of the ballpark. I really don't think I am that unrealistic with my prices, but yes I should have just let the offer expire but I guess I was just in a biaatchy mood that day and I paid for it.

I did admit I was wrong for doing what I did. And yes I pretty much brought this negative on myself but it can be quite annoying when you are trying to be good at getting back to offers you have on items and you get offers that are 10 percent of what u have the buy it now at. I very much doubt i would sent an offer like that .......it is pretty ridiculous if you ask me. If my buy it now on it is $95 do you really think I am going to decide to accept an offer of $10? I think the buy it now should kind of tell them the item is worth a bit more than that or that there offer is out of the ballpark. I really don't think I am that unrealistic with my prices, but yes I should have just let the offer expire but I guess I was just in a biaatchy mood that day and I paid for it.

You can set Best Offer to reject offers below a certain amount automatically, as well as to accept them above a certain amount for you too.

Then zero time gets wasted!

Funny ebay scenario?

:ponder:

Sorry, I don't see anything funny here. Maybe Foolish ebay scenario?

Galaga_Freak is 100% correct, if you are offended by low offers, don't use the best offer feature. Or, as lemoncurry correctly points out, you do have the option to automatically reject any offers below a certain amount when you are posting the buy it now.

With that being said, I think that the buyer may have overreacted with the negative but I don't blame him/her for being upset....they just made an offer on something that you said you are accepting offers on.

Funny ebay scenario?

:ponder:

Sorry, I don't see anything funny here. Maybe Foolish ebay scenario?

Galaga_Freak is 100% correct, if you are offended by low offers, don't use the best offer feature. Or, as lemoncurry correctly points out, you do have the option to automatically reject any offers below a certain amount when you are posting the buy it now.

With that being said, I think that the buyer may have overreacted with the negative but I don't blame him/her for being upset....they just made an offer on something that you said you are accepting offers on.

As I said in 2 posts here in this thread yes I was wrong for what I did, but id didn't have anything to do with the sale of the H.E.R.O. this buyer negatived me on. He took retaliation.......and ok Funny isn't the right word of choice. I admitted my wrong here......but I don't want to do business with a buyer who lies and overracts the way this one did either. Kind of getting sick of the whole idea of "I am the buyer so you should kiss my ass attitude anyway" I have people make lowball offers and then email me telling me why they think I should accept it. Most of these people are resellers trying to get an item for dirt cheap thinking I don't know what they are doing. Well sorry, I wasn't born yesterday! I 100% believe this buyer knew the value but thought i might not! DONE!!! I once again admitted what action I took was wrong but it was just the thing of having people offer me $15 for CIB Rescue Terra that pushed me a bit over the edge. SORRY if that offends a lot of you! :roll: