IGNORED

800 400 Users

Roydea6

Hi,

There a new Poll: over at http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/forum/viewtopic.php?t=698 . For interested 400 and 800 users that would like to have a MyIDE mod.

Would this coexist with the XL compatability mods Warerat is working on?

Depends on how it's done. My mod leaves all the RAM slots free and goes in the personality slot.

One could make a custom slot 3 board (assuming you had a 32K board in slot 2 to keep your 48K) that could be jumpered as an internal or an external interface (you get both D5XX- and D6XX- on slot 3 on the 800). Kind of like what I already did here: http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=86157.

The exception with the way I did my mod is that you can directly use the MyIDE XL modified ROMs, the combo 32-in-1 w/ MyIDE interface, or flashcart with MyIDE from Atarimax if you wanted to.

I am a Computer Engineer.

Now if you get this card to work will it be able to access a hard drive also. IDE hard drives.

Well if you can get it to access a hard drive I will buy one. Can you imagine having even 10 meg bytes on an Atari 800 computer.

sean39

I am a Computer Engineer.

Now if you get this card to work will it be able to access a hard drive also. IDE hard drives.

Well if you can get it to access a hard drive I will buy one. Can you imagine having even 10 meg bytes on an Atari 800 computer.

sean39

Yes. Yes I can.

(Have seen it with a prototype MyIde board I got from Mr. Atari in 2002... and then the MyIde + Flash cart works with Warerat's XE memory mod prototype. Two people that took on a challenge with me and fun stuff. It is really cool, and I hope other 400/800 beige fans out there can enjoy it too.)

While you're in there, can you add a SIMM slot, multiple POKEY ZIFs, FPU, a standard MIDI IN/OUT/THRU, and a NIC?

Just joking. But it would be nice to have an all in one, low-profile box that fits UNDER the computer, with ports on the back, and space inside for a hard drive.

I do think that the Atari has a vast potential for modern use as a sound synthesizer workstation system. It would be nice to see inexpensive hardware that would help to make this goal easy to achieve, as a single add-on box, instead of multiple hacks, which may have compatibility issues due to port usage.

L8R.