IGNORED

The irony of it all..

Shannon

Uh that still does not change the irony of the situation.

I would have thought that an ironic idiot like you would get that... :ponder:

I would think the 2600 game and 5200 game might have fallen under a contract for toys and an arcade game would not have maybe?

Edited by midnight8

Although there is "obviously" a reasonable explanation for the circumstances I was merely pointing out how ironic it was that such an iconic game as the Arcade Star Wars would get translated to Atari's own computer systems, as well as the 5200 and 2600 by a competing company.

Kinda like the same thing that allowed them to do Donkey Kong and DK Jr. for the computer whereas colecovision had the rights to do it for their console.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that LFL (Lucasfilms) did an A8 port of Star Wars (very similar to the one that Domark/Tengen and Zeppelin did on the A8 and other Computers a few years later)

Vicgeorge...Parker Bros was ultimately owned by Tonka Toys (who later marketed Sega's 8bit 'master system' in the US)

Edited by carmel_andrews

Zylon can be a little smug, but on the other hand, calling people "fags" isn't a good way to win friends here (or anywhere else, for that matter).

Who said I am trying to make friends? Besides Zylon is a ass! All he post his a$$ hole comments to people as if he knows everything.

Zylon can be a little smug, but on the other hand, calling people "fags" isn't a good way to win friends here (or anywhere else, for that matter).

I didn't think anyone called anybody "fag" as an insult once the 1980s ended. It's almost like being stuck in a Police Academy movie or something.

• 4 weeks later...