IGNORED

Bionic Commando Rearmed is now out

HammR25

I'm currently downloading it on my PS3 after thoroughly enjoying the demo.

It makes a rare change to see the best version of a game on PS3 and not 360. :)

What makes it the best?

Check out the details in the Kotaku.com review - link

In summary, the PS3 version has:

* a markedly improved control scheme due to the limitations of the 360 controller's d-pad

* more refined textures and lighting due to file size limitations placed on XBLA titles by Microsoft

* additional exclusive Challenge Rooms

I'm currently downloading it on my PS3 after thoroughly enjoying the demo.

It makes a rare change to see the best version of a game on PS3 and not 360. :)

What makes it the best?

Check out the details in the Kotaku.com review - link

In summary, the PS3 version has:

* a markedly improved control scheme due to the limitations of the 360 controller's d-pad

* more refined textures and lighting due to file size limitations placed on XBLA titles by Microsoft

* additional exclusive Challenge Rooms

Oh OK, You almost had me....After reading about 7-9 more article on the game I found....

* "a markedly improved control scheme due to the limitations of the 360 controller's d-pad"All the reveiws that bitch about controls talk about the D-pad.....I don't use it I use the sticks, and also they say it plays fine if you get used to the controls, or are comfortable with the Xbox controller...Good I am.

* "more refined textures and lighting due to file size limitations placed on XBLA titles by Microsoft" Found nothing about PS3 having "more refined textures and lighting due to file size limitations placed on XBLA titles by Microsoft" I kept reading Ps3,360,PC are all pixel exact!

* "additional exclusive Challenge Rooms"You are sorta right but remove the "S" in "rooms" and then I'll give it to ya...yay 1 room!

All I gotta say is Achievement points! Make the 360 worth the loss of 1 challenge room!

So on it being the Best version out on the PS3, I say no,Them being all equal, Yep!

Oh OK, You almost had me....After reading about 7-9 more article on the game I found....

* "a markedly improved control scheme due to the limitations of the 360 controller's d-pad"All the reveiws that bitch about controls talk about the D-pad.....I don't use it I use the sticks, and also they say it plays fine if you get used to the controls, or are comfortable with the Xbox controller...Good I am.

* "more refined textures and lighting due to file size limitations placed on XBLA titles by Microsoft" Found nothing about PS3 having "more refined textures and lighting due to file size limitations placed on XBLA titles by Microsoft" I kept reading Ps3,360,PC are all pixel exact!

* "additional exclusive Challenge Rooms"You are sorta right but remove the "S" in "rooms" and then I'll give it to ya...yay 1 room!

All I gotta say is Achievement points! Make the 360 worth the loss of 1 challenge room!

So on it being the Best version out on the PS3, I say no,Them being all equal, Yep!

Here's something I've just read from an owner of both versions who claims the scrolling in the PS3 version is "less glitchy".

Please don't think I'm some Sony fanboy, btw!

Here's something I've just read from an owner of both versions who claims the scrolling in the PS3 version is "less glitchy".

Please don't think I'm some Sony fanboy, btw!

Oh I dont, I think your a Sega fan...lol

I just played it a Game Crazy @ Hollywood Video...I honestly don't see a difference....It seems like it might load a sec or2 faster on PS3 thats it!

Oh I dont, I think your a Sega fan...lol

I just played it a Game Crazy @ Hollywood Video...I honestly don't see a difference....It seems like it might load a sec or2 faster on PS3 thats it!

A Sega fanboy? You kinda got me on that one!

It loads a whole two seconds faster? Wow! That'll be the power of the Cell! :lol:

maybe we should start a new Galga thread.

I found the demo to be on the easy side....

but geezzzz now that i have the full game... it's pretty damn hard!

I think this one will be a my love/hate list... maybe not hate, hate is a strong word.

I wish it stayed more true to the arcade version like pac-man:champ did.

-rick

Edited by Zeptari1

I wish it stayed more true to the arcade version like pac-man:champ did.

-rick

That's why I won't buy it.

I think its great, It still galaga, Its crazy! I love the idea of the satellites being positional. It gets really hard too. I think shooters are my fav type of game, I think Im pretty good at them too, but this game kicks my ass at times. I love it. Once you get the new way of playing down, with bombs, black holes, satellites you wont put it down. This is my second fav remake next the PacMan CE.

its pretty good...........i only play it in vintage mode, though......otherwise it's unrecognizable as a true galaga game

Vintage Mode??? Where's that?

Oh, never mind. You mean the Vintage Skin. I never even noticed that option. Yea, with the Vintage Skin at least you can tell that this is supposed to be a version of Galaga....

Edited by rxd