IGNORED

StanJr's Blog - Wow

RSS Bot

So here it is like two years after I jumped ship, and I'm back, so freakin' what.

Life is hard, and you have to give things up sometimes to do other things. But I'm back, how long? As long as I have time and feel like it. Why should you care? You shouldn't. Crap like blogs are a sign of capitalist pacification of the masses and an over indulgence in the "me" culture that is pervasive in contemporary America. So why am I doing it? I don't know. I figure, I'll drop in here now and then, talk about the games I'm playing or whatever stupid crap is annoying me about Capitalism, and maybe somebody will read it and want to yell back at me about my wrong-minded ideas and then I can pretend like I have some level of human interaction. Its either that or I go back to calling 1-900 numbers...

Either way, I don't expect you to care, because mainly I don't, and I don't expect you to read this, but if you want to and find it worth wasting your time on, holla back at me because I am just egotistical enough have that mean something to me.

What I'm playing right now:

DDR for the Wii (its the nuts)

FFVIII for the PSX (I had forgotten how terrible it is)

Low G Man and Kabuki Quantum Fighter for the NES (both totally nuts)

Hunchy II and Crazy Balloon for the VCS (also nuts)

Music I am listening to right now (because somehow this means a lot to many of you Off Topic people for some reason)

that new Rihanna jam "Please Don't Stop the Music" (I have a penchant for pop music)

Mariah's new single "Touch My Body"

I want to track down Britney's new album but have not yet. (It is supposed to be terrible, poor Britney)

Beatles early stuff

Tons of 90's dance stuff, classics like Gypsy Woman, etc.

Elvis greatest hits

I'm having a lot of fun with Low G Man. I had this as a kid with no instructions and no idea what the game was about. Fast forward to now, and having done some research I now know there are hidden levels and 3 complete "quests" so it has been a blast to revisit. Quantum Fighter is also a platforming fav from my younger days. I didn't have it very long back then, so its like getting to complete a game I had only just started!

For anyone thinking of playing FFVIII, don't. It really does suck as much as you remember. That said, I probably will go ahead and beat it again, because I'm like that.

DDR for the Wii is so cool. I suck at it, with my total lack of coordination, but I'm getting pretty good at the songs on BASIC, so maybe in a year or two I'll attempt songs on DIFFICULT. Its just nice to be playing for score again. A lost art in the modern era. That and it is good exercise.

Alright. I'm done. Hit me up if you want to discuss any of the scintillating items found above. Fun.

Return of the Stan

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=4595