IGNORED

I am selling a whole bunch of rare goodies like Video life Manual!

homerwannabee

atlantis II ... anyone have 8 G's to lend me?

Why ?,its not worth that much.

Thank You Captain Obvious.

:rolling: :rolling:

Edit: Read carefully the auction. A statement like " I am also selling some very rare and desirable Atari 2600 items as well, so be sure to check out all of my auctions. If you are an Atari 2600 buff there is sure to be something that you probably want." should make it abundantly clear I am using this auction to steer people to my other auctions.

Edited by homerwannabee

Edit: Read carefully the auction. A statement like " I am also selling some very rare and desirable Atari 2600 items as well, so be sure to check out all of my auctions. If you are an Atari 2600 buff there is sure to be something that you probably want." should make it abundantly clear I am using this auction to steer people to my other auctions.

Which is against eBay rules.

I have seen it done a couple of times. Sorry for my ignorance I really thought it was OK. In all honesty I am willing to consider serious offers on this game. So it is not totally about steering people to other auctions.

Edit: Also, I am selling this game this way because before people criticized me for selling at a high price without trying to sell other stuff. Now I offer it at a lower price and trying to sell other stuff and I still get criticized. I felt this was a way for me to offer an olive branch of sorts to people who were upset with me before. A way to say"I get it I will sell it in a more proper way." Darned if you do and darned if you don't I guess.

Edited by homerwannabee

I have seen it done a couple of times. Sorry for my ignorance I really thought it was OK. In all honesty I am willing to consider serious offers on this game. So it is not totally about steering people to other auctions.

Yeah, I was just yanking your chain, as long as there is actually an item for sale it's okay to mention your other auctions. If you want to pay the listing fee, more power to ya!

I decided to lower the price to $6,050. Still high but at least the price is now cheaper than a NWC Grey cart.

Apples and Oranges friend. NWC is worth $5k+ sure, Atlantis 2 is worth a 1\5 of that. Cool key word spamming though :P

I decided to lower the price to $6,050. Still high but at least the price is now cheaper than a NWC Grey cart.

Apples and Oranges friend. NWC is worth $5k+ sure, Atlantis 2 is worth a 1\5 of that. Cool key word spamming though :P

Did you read the post above where I say you are dealing with a whole different ball game when it comes to NES collectors? Hence why despite the fact that NWC grey is 2 and a half times more common, it still goes for more than Atlantis II.

Edit: the 2 and half times more common comment comes from the fact that there are 14 Atlantis II's found and about 30 to 40 NWC greys found at the moment.

Edited by homerwannabee

Did you read the post above where I say you are dealing with a whole different ball game when it comes to NES collectors? Hence why despite the fact that NWC grey is 2 and a half times more common, it still goes for more than Atlantis II.

Edit: the 2 and half times more common comment comes from the fact that there are 14 Atlantis II's found and about 30 to 40 NWC greys found at the moment.

Yeah but the going price for a NWC cart is over $5k, it's not the going rate for Atlantis 2 not by a mile. Don't you think it's a little much putting NWC into the title? Or even mentioning it all for that matter? Yes SUPLY is the cause for price related to Atlantis 2, DEMAND is the cause for the NWC. And the NWC wins hands down and always has. I'm refering to Video Game Collectors in general. Those that collect for both Atari & Nintendo would much rather havea NWC than Atlantis 2 seven days a week.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

Yeah but the going price for a NWC cart is over $5k, it's not the going rate for Atlantis 2 not by a mile. Don't you think it's a little much putting NWC into the title? Or even mentioning it all for that matter? Yes SUPLY is the cause for price related to Atlantis 2, DEMAND is the cause for the NWC. And the NWC wins hands down and always has. I'm refering to Video Game Collectors in general. Those that collect for both Atari & Nintendo would much rather havea NWC than Atlantis 2 seven days a week.

I don't know why you are not saying NWC Grey. An NWC Gold is well over $10,000 at the moment, and a NWC Grey is $6,100 to $6500. You, don't get it. This is my way of admitting that even a competition cart that is 2 and half times more common is more expensive than Atlantis II. Fact is they are both rare, they are both competition carts. For me that is enough association to relate the two.

Don't you think it's a little much putting NWC into the title? Or even mentioning it all for that matter?

That's a crazy keyword spam.

Geo Metro - Came before Enzo Ferrari and Bugatti Veyron!

Sure an Atari competition cart= A Geo Metro, and a NES Competition cart= A Ferari Enzo. Classic arrogance of N.E.S. collectors shines through again. Hey at least you know about the Atari 2600. Half of N.E.S. colllectors don't even know what an Atari 2600 is. Yep, the only stuff that should matter is stuff put out after the N.E.S. :roll:

Look to put you N.E.S. collectors at ease I will readily admit that the N.W.C. even in grey form is highly more desired by collectors. Hence why even at $6,050 it will probably NOT SELL. I could give a 101 arguments why Atlantis II should be worth more than a N.W.C. Grey. But the fact is this is not reality. And all the arguing in the world will not change that fact.

Edited by homerwannabee

I don't know why you are not saying NWC Grey. An NWC Gold is well over $10,000 at the moment, and a NWC Grey is $6,100 to $6500.

I'm not sure where you got your numbers from, but they're inflated (as usual).

It's questionable if a gold NWC cart has ever actually broken $10k. Hard to know, since most of them have been sold through private sale. The last one sold was the one that Bronty sold back in September for $8500. The grey has not sold for anyhwere near $6,000 that I know of...normal range is around $2,000.

Edited by PingvinBlueJeans

I don't know why you are not saying NWC Grey. An NWC Gold is well over $10,000 at the moment, and a NWC Grey is $6,100 to $6500.

It's questionable if a gold NWC cart has ever actually broken $10k. Hard to know, since most of them have been sold through private sale. The last one sold was the one that Bronty sold back in September for $8500. The grey has not sold for anyhwere near $6,000 that I know of...normal range is around $2,000.

OK, I got the $6,100 amount from wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_World_Championship

And DreamTR on Digitpress said he sold one privately for $6,500.

So there are my sources.

Edit: I need to correct the $6,500 statement. I did some searching and DreamTR said he sold one with a ripped label for $5,350. Sorry about that.

Here is the qoute "Most I sold a grey NWC for was $5350 with a ripped label"

Edited by homerwannabee

OK, I got the $6,100 amount from wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_World_Championship

And DreamTR on Digitpress said he sold one privately for $6,500.

So there are my sources.

Edit: I need to correct the $6,500 statement. I did some searching and DreamTR said he sold one with a ripped label for $5,350. Sorry about that.

Here is the qoute "Most I sold a grey NWC for was $5350 with a ripped label"

Gold ones privately have now went for 12K. This is confirmed. Last two were about 10K and 12K respectively.