IGNORED

Magazine Scans

WizWor

I was 'thumbing' through the scans of ROM magazine. What a treat. The reviews of new releases are interesting. I've found a couple new games to try based on excellent reviews. I also enjoyed the ads. I rarely bought online in those days, but it was nice to dream about all the cool things you could get for an Atari computer. Too bad there are not more scans.

I subscribed to Antic from inception to finale. I tossed the magazines a decade ago. I wish I hadn't. If I had them, I'd be scanning them. I have looked at atarimagazines.com. They have invested a lot of time in transcribing Antic and I appreciate that, but it's not the same as thumbing through the magazine -- hardcopy or scan.

Does anyone know of a repository for old magazine scans? Especially Antic?

I was 'thumbing' through the scans of ROM magazine. What a treat. The reviews of new releases are interesting. I've found a couple new games to try based on excellent reviews. I also enjoyed the ads. I rarely bought online in those days, but it was nice to dream about all the cool things you could get for an Atari computer. Too bad there are not more scans.

I subscribed to Antic from inception to finale. I tossed the magazines a decade ago. I wish I hadn't. If I had them, I'd be scanning them. I have looked at atarimagazines.com. They have invested a lot of time in transcribing Antic and I appreciate that, but it's not the same as thumbing through the magazine -- hardcopy or scan.

Does anyone know of a repository for old magazine scans? Especially Antic?

Why not just buy them then.

If you're going to scan them I wish you would do Analog since only a few of them are online.

Allan

Scans are nice but again, just like games, I'd much rather have the real thing. And magazines really aren't that expensive.

I think the reason why there aren't many scans of magazines online is because even to just scan one magazine in, it takes absolutely ages.

Edited by Ross PK