IGNORED

Nuclear Nick bizarreness.

Ross PK

My first Nuclear Nick tape didn't work, on one side it starts to slow down near the end when loading, like the tape/reel is stuck, and on the other side it starts to slow down near the start.

I bought another Nuclear Nick tape off ebay, which I'm sure was from a different person.

Anyway, I only got around to trying out the new tape yesterday, and believe it or not it has exactly the same problem. :?

I thought there must have been a mix up between the tapes at first, but I tried both of them.

I guess this must be a common thing with the Nuclear Nick tapes when they get old?

Edited by Ross PK

My first Nuclear Nick tape didn't work, on one side it starts to slow down near the end when loading, like the tape/reel is stuck, and on the other side it starts to slow down near the start.

I bought another Nuclear Nick tape off ebay, which I'm sure was from a different person.

Anyway, I only got around to trying out the new tape yesterday, and believe it or not it has exactly the same problem. :?

I thought there must have been a mix up between the tapes at first, but I tried both of them.

I guess this must be a common thing with the Nuclear Nick tapes when they get old?

Could it possibly be a problem with your tape recorder?

Could it possibly be a problem with your tape recorder?

I've tried them in both tape recorders and they do the same thing.

I remember one tape conversion to .cas format I was doing. I could hear and see (the waveform changed, I was recording it to .wav at the time) it slow down near the end. Nothing worked, hand winding, removing the inserts in the case, in the end I put the tape in another case, and all was well.

Charlie