IGNORED

Recent changes at eBay

gklinger

I haven't seen any mention of eBay's dissolution of the Vintage Computing subcategories so I got to wondering what everyone thinks? I also heard that eBay is going to be instituting a new policy whereby auctions that receive bids in the last 10 minutes will be extended. I haven't been able to substantiate that rumour but an anti-sniping measure sure would be a dramatic change for eBay. New fees, new feedback policies, new categories, new auction mechanics -- what's next?

I also heard that eBay is going to be instituting a new policy whereby auctions that receive bids in the last 10 minutes will be extended. I haven't been able to substantiate that rumour but an anti-sniping measure sure would be a dramatic change for eBay.

Just out of curiousity, where did you hear this? A quick spin via Google turned up some discussion wanting this to happen on blogs and in forums, but nothing else. The sniping of electronics (particularly computer stuff) by international scammers has gotten extremely bad and there's considerable noise coming from those sellers. Of course, as most in favor of this point out, keeping auctions going in the "going-going-gone" format equals more money for the seller and, more importantly, more money for eBay. So, I wouldn't be surprised if eBay did this. When selling, I'll probably just be using more BINs. For some merchandise (action figures, comic books) I try to look for BINs anyhow. I wonder if all the monkeying around by eBay will result in more items being put up for BIN or Best Offer (the side effect being that eBay gets their money quicker than with a regular auction).

I haven't seen any mention of eBay's dissolution of the Vintage Computing subcategories so I got to wondering what everyone thinks? I also heard that eBay is going to be instituting a new policy whereby auctions that receive bids in the last 10 minutes will be extended. I haven't been able to substantiate that rumour but an anti-sniping measure sure would be a dramatic change for eBay. New fees, new feedback policies, new categories, new auction mechanics -- what's next?

Hi Golan

Yeah saw ya brought this up in IRC last night

Forgot your on Atariage too :)

Well I ve use auctionsnipe.com once in a while in the past (Mainly cuz listings end when Im away or working)

Guess The Sniping sites will be either non working or difficult if the auctions are extended