IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Assessing my drawing skills

RSS Bot

I think I've never had the skill or talent to draw very well. Nevertheless, it's been almost two years since one of my first webcomics ("Jessica") has been on the internet. I think now is the time to assess how I've been drawing her and other characters in the strip. And, I think while the general design has been nice and easy to draw, I thought it badly needed to be updated (which will be quite a challenge to draw.) I spent almost ten minutes perfecting the new design. I've added bangs, lightened the skin color, and added a thingee for her ponytail. Also, I'm going to be buying a better program to draw in than just Paint. Well, anyway, here's the new design, compared to the old on the left, which is just *too* cartoony for me. If everyone on this forum and the Comic Genesis ones likes the new Jessica better, I'll start drawing her in this fashion beginning May 4. (The comics are weekly every Sunday and I do them about a month in advance, and I have the remaining Sundays of March and three Sundays in April done already.)

Attached thumbnail(s)

blogentry-9475-1205725950_thumb.png

//

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=4643