IGNORED

Collecting Demos - Stages of a Collection

RSS Bot

A collection moves through stages as time progresses. There are periods of rapid growth and times when it completely stalls. The most unfortunate stage is the thinning. Collections are great because they're a lot of fun but in times of need, easily liquidated. I am in this stage at the moment. My collection is being converted into cash and held in an emergency fund until it is needed either for an emergency or an opportunity.

The issue becomes where do I draw the line. Most of the demos are being put on eBay and much of the really hard to find stuff is already in the hands of other collectors as we speak. Once the rare items are gone I have to decide what to do with the commons. The most logical is to list them in small lots which is what will probably happen. Because I don't really want to sell this stuff I decided to keep my XBox demos. What I own are pretty hard to find and may not fetch much on eBay. I will also keep my 3DO demos and GBA kioks carts. I just added the Mario and Luigi SuperStar Saga cart to my collection before I realized things would have to go.

All in all I am still going to collect demos just not as aggressively, the blog is alive and well and the 2008 goals list is out the window. :cool: I like to collect in conjunction with a project so I decided to compile a list of XBox demos. I don't know of a list I can work off other then the one I started with help of a DP forum user, The_1_2_P.

If you read this and know of anything not listed please let me know so I can add it. All items in blue are owned by me and I will buy anything I don't have if the price is right.

XBox Demos (non magazine)

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat

BloodRayne 2

Breakdown

Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood

Burnout Revenge

Conker Live and Reloaded

Dead to Rights

Dead to Rights II

Def Jam: Fight for NY

Exhibition Vol. 1

Exhibition Vol. 2

Exhibition Vol. 3

Exhibition Vol. 4

Exhibition Vol. 5

Exhibition Vol. 6

Exhibition Vol. 7

Far Cry

Ghost Recon 2

Incredible Hulk Ultimeae Collection

Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers

Mech Assault 2: Lonewolf

Lucas Arts Xbox Experience

Magic the Gathering: Battlegrounds (Long Sleeve

Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects

Metal Arms: Glitch in the System

New Legends

Panzer Dragoon Orta Hollywood Video Demo

Rainbow Six Companion Disc

Psychonauts

Rocky

Soul Calibur II

Spartan Total Warrior

Tecmo Demo Disc (plain paper sleeve)

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell

Xbox Live Arcade

Kiosk Disks (Not including ESRB variants)

Mech Assault 2: Lonewolf Kiosk

Preview Discs (Green and White. Sent to reviewers??)

Amped

Halo

Fuzion Frenzy

Oddworld

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=4661