IGNORED

Accidental Panic

simbalion

Today I decided to dust off my 1200xl and hook it up after a long hiatis. One reason for this is to keep the keyboard running. After hooking it to a small TV I use to test my systems, I played it for about 15 minutes or so. Suddenly the screen fizzed and went back to the blue TV screen. I tried a different RF switch with the same thing. Tried another power pack, same thing. I did notice the screen would flicker when I turned the computer on. My 1200xl has a dead power LED, so no way to tell it is on unless something is on the screen. I was about to give up when I hooked it to the 26 inch console set I have. Screen came right up and looked really good on the bigger screen! Turns out the smal TV will no longer accept a signal through the coax plug on the back. The TV is much younger that the 1200xl! Atari, still tough! :D

Well, I now have a working Atari 800 again now too. I was getting odd objects on the screen when using certain programs and thought it was dying. Turns out one of the RAM boards wasn't seating right in the slot. I simply switched it and the one of the others around and now it works with all 48K of RAM again. I've been bored and tinkering. :roll: