IGNORED

Oh how I love the newbie sellers....

tiggerthehun

And their belief that "ebay's gunna make me rich!!! yeehaw!!!"

Check out this seller...

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZkimcameronwilson

Those sound pretty reasonable to me. 3000.00 for the Star Wars Trilogy, it has enhanced features come on.. Oh well the first time she has to pay all the insertion fees on a bunch of items she didn't sell she'll be gone...

Bruce

For posterity's sake:

Q: I'm interested in this item for my niece - however, I'm guessing you meant to put 7.99 for your auction price, NOT $799! I saw this same tape at our local pawn shop for $4.00, but it was opened. I'm also guessing you meant 30.00, not 3,000 for the star wars special edition... thanks, Robin Mar-31-08

A: Sorry, but these editions are meant only for the serious collector and never meant to be opened or viewed. That's what makes them valuable.

Hilarious stuff..

And their belief that "ebay's gunna make me rich!!! yeehaw!!!"

Check out this seller...

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZkimcameronwilson

So I commented with this general question to the seller:

Really 799.00 huh. I think you are a bit over zealous in your pricing. Since your new to ebay I will offer some advice, before you sell do a quick search and see what other items similiar to yours are selling for and then price them appropriately. For example do a search for new cinderella vhs and see that anyone else could buy it now for 5-10 dollars and then price yours accordingly. Asking for 10,000% more than its worth isn't going to get you bids. ALso your other items fall in the same category. If you really believe they are worth that much just keep them you'll never sell them for that much. By the way welcome to ebay....

Bruce

Oh I hope I get a response......

lol Another one:

Q: Where in the hell are you getting these crazy prices from for your vhs tapes? You do know none of them are worth more than $10 dollars right? I think you need to do a little bit of ebay research. Lots of sellers have all your items for $10 dollars and less. Mar-31-08

A: My unopened collectables are for the serious collector only--never to be opened or viewed. That's what makes them valuable.

Well since they clarified they are not to be opened ever and are only for a serious collector I am sold let's see 8 grand should cover it....

You guys have it all wrong. They are not for you. They are literally for the serious collector. Here's his/her eBay profile:

http://myworld.ebay.com/theseriouscollector

That individual had better hurry up; There's just a few hours to bid!

Sealed Cinderella here for $6.00 BIN.

I wonder if I shopuld point her to this?

I think you should...

Does anyone have a ballpark of what this cost her to list? Starting bids like that must be at least 5-10 bucks? That's an expensive lesson... Wonder if she'll just delete her account and skip out on the fees... Speaking of which, what does ebay do with folks who skip out on fees? I imagine they charge their credit card, but what if they take the card off of their seller account?

Sealed Cinderella here for $6.00 BIN.

I wonder if I shopuld point her to this?

I think you should...

Does anyone have a ballpark of what this cost her to list? Starting bids like that must be at least 5-10 bucks? That's an expensive lesson... Wonder if she'll just delete her account and skip out on the fees... Speaking of which, what does ebay do with folks who skip out on fees? I imagine they charge their credit card, but what if they take the card off of their seller account?

THey will suspend her account and then she will not be able to use it again until she pays. She also shouldn't be able to open a new account unless she provides a different address and name. Also you don't need a credit card for ebay. YOu only use one while setting up paypal accounts. As for auto charging her credit card, IIRC I believe that the user agreement states that they will not do that. Remember although ebay owns paypal now, they are still seperate corporate entities, therefore I don't believe ebay can access paypal account credit cards. THe same way you can get tires at WalMart but can't get them rotated at Sams Club. Two seperate corporate entities owned by the same group but for all intents and purposes they are individual and not tied together.

-Bruce

I wonder if I should open up another ebay account and buy all her stuff, not pay, and leave her with massive fee credits?

No, that would be evil.....

I thought about doing exactly that but that would be cruel. Plus a fool is born every second so maybe she's hoping another newbie less intelligent than her will fall for her ridiculousness.

ALthough a recall just a month or so ago an auction for some boxed atari games listed at a crazy 2500.00. But at some point that person became much more reasonable once they realized they didn't have the only ones left in existance. Even though that same person blocked me from bidding on their auctions :-(

Edited by brucebidder

Bad thing is that this sellers location is maybe 10 minutes from me. Giving the rest of us Kaintuckians a bad name. Maybe I'll go knock on their door. Find out how much they are going to owe in selling fees. They'll just close this account once the auctions are over. That's what pisses me off! :x

lol Another one:
Q: Where in the hell are you getting these crazy prices from for your vhs tapes? You do know none of them are worth more than $10 dollars right? I think you need to do a little bit of ebay research. Lots of sellers have all your items for $10 dollars and less. Mar-31-08

A: My unopened collectables are for the serious collector only--never to be opened or viewed. That's what makes them valuable.

Tell her that there are a lot of serious collectors in Nigeria.

lol Another one:

Tell her that there are a lot of serious collectors in Nigeria.

lol

lol Another one:

I'm the one that sent that one :rolling:

• 2 weeks later...

None of the stuff sold but, they owe e-bay around $17 for the insertion fees since the opening bids were so high. I'm almost certain the account will be abandoned now.

I'm assuming it was some sort of joke. :ponder:

Edited by Prodos8

eBay Member User ID History

The box below contains the User IDs that this member has used on eBay.

This person's no longer a registered eBay user.

User ID Effective Date End Date

kimcameronwilson Mar-21-08 Not a registered user