IGNORED

Best Emulator

japh42

Which emulator is the best? I'm using Atari800Win Plus 4.0 and really like it.

Is there a better one?

Is there one that will let me run full screen letter boxed? Black bars on the left and right to keep from stretching and distorting the image on a widescreen monitor?

(Can't seem to find how to do that on Plus 4.0)

Is there a better one?

Is there one that will let me run full screen letter boxed? Black bars on the left and right to keep from stretching and distorting the image on a widescreen monitor?

Use setting for scaling in your graphics card driver. I have Nvidia card and with setting "Use NVIDIA scaling with fixed aspect ratio" in driver (Display -> Change flat panel scaling) the full screen mode in Atari800WinPlus 4.0 is displayed correct with black borders on the sides.

Edited by MaPa

Is there a better one?

Use setting for scaling in your graphics card driver. I have Nvidia card and with setting "Use NVIDIA scaling with fixed aspect ratio" in driver (Display -> Change flat panel scaling) the full screen mode in Atari800WinPlus 4.0 is displayed correct with black borders on the sides.

Thanks, hadn't even though that my adapter's settings would do that. Been looking everywhere in th Atari800WinPlus (and in DOSBOX) for a setting like that!

I like Atari800. I like that the interface uses Atari fonts and "simulates" the Atari screen. It also syncs better with my monitor so smooth scrolling (60) rivals that of an actual Atari 8-bit (still not the same). The artifacting emulation is pretty good, but not perfect. Palette and aspect ratio could be more authentic.

Atari800WinPLus is a little more user friendly, but has some v-sync issues, in my experience.

Edited by ponderosa

• 3 months later...