IGNORED

old 8 bit domain 7800 vid install instructions

atarian63

Hello all,

I have an older 8bit domain 7800 video upgrade kit that I bought years ago. Thought I would install it tonight but when I get to the part of wiring up the 7 pin header... The kit I have is identical to the current one shown on pdf on 8bit domain however my cable set for the 7 pin rear header has only audio and composite video (rather than the currect 3 set svideo,composite and audio) to make matters worse the 7 pin header is not wired to the 2 cable sets. I assume I must have the older upgrade but see no instructions on 8bit domain except for the current one. Anyone out there have wiring docs for the old upgrade? Everything else is done just the 7pin header needs wired.

Thanks!

Dave

Yes, that is the one. Thanks! I just hooked it up and it works. Thank you alot!

The board actially says "copyright 2005 Retrokidz" so I guess it's not really the 8bit domain one.

Thank you very much!

Dave

Well, actually the box it shipped to me in says it came from 8bitdomain. That'll teach me to wait too long to do an upgrade. The video looks really nice!

Yes, that is the one. Thanks! I just hooked it up and it works. Thank you alot!

The board actially says "copyright 2005 Retrokidz" so I guess it's not really the 8bit domain one.

Thank you very much!

Dave

Well, actually the box it shipped to me in says it came from 8bitdomain. That'll teach me to wait too long to do an upgrade. The video looks really nice!

Well I may have spoken too soon.. The video is sharp and nice but the yellows are almost completely white. the other colors look fine. Also the audio works but at a super low level , almost preamp. You have to really crank a TV to distortion to get much sound and than it is very scratchy. Anyone with some tips on this would be appreciated! Also the RF does not work anymore. Hmmm!

Edited by atarian63

• 3 years later...