IGNORED

5200 Galaxian: Why do you...

CV Gus

I think this is true on the 8-bit computers as well...

Sometimes a new wave of Galaxians will appear, but not attack you for a while (must be a minor glitch in the game). You could usually nail some of them before they started dive-bombing at you again. This is probably not the best strategy if you're trying to earn more points, as it's worth more to shooting the ones diving at you, as opposed to when they are in their idle formation. If your goal is to see how many waves you can get to, then blast away.

Edited by jnice

Oddly enough, I have the instruction booklet for this game, but not the game.

The instructions say to move the joystick left and right to "initiate the Galaxian fleet," or something like that.

Why?

I have no idea why the manual says that, but one thing about Galaxian that most people don't realize... it appears WE are the Galaxians. The attract mode of the arcade game says "We are the Galaxians. Mission: destroy aliens" and then lists their point values.

As to Galaga... Ga is "moth" in Japanese, so it's Galaxian+Ga = Galaga

Oddly enough, I have the instruction booklet for this game, but not the game.

The instructions say to move the joystick left and right to "initiate the Galaxian fleet," or something like that.

Why?

Well if it is for the 5200 my guess would be that it is their way of covering up for the fact that you have to move the 5200 in all "used" directions in order for the analog stick to calibrate properly. aka a "feature"... :lol:

Funny you should mention that. Before adding the 33,000 OHM resistor to my paddle controller, you had to move all the way left before you could move all the way to the right.

But wouldn't the game directly read the resistance from the controller? I'll admit it: I don't quite understand why this is.