IGNORED

Atari 5200 Kiosk store display.

ATARIPITBULL

Congrats man!!! If that was closer to me I would have been ALL over it. I was even mapping it today to see how bad a drive it would be -- but 17 hours each way was just more than I though feasible.

Glad to see it went to somebody who will take good care of it. Can't wait to see the pictures when it's all polished up!!!!!

i'd like to see pics also.

final price = $86

and thus another piece of Atari history is preserved

Nice! I just drove down relatively close to there a few weeks ago to pick up an Atari pinball machine (Middle Earth - it was in Elburn, IL)

Glad to see it's in good hands and I agree with the other people in that I want to see pics!

I picked up the 5200 Kiosk yesterday! I have been looking for one for awhile. It was in an old warehouse full of the dust that was on the 5200 Kiosk. I am happy to say that it is working and in great shape! There are some issues however, like the player two joystick is not working (I plugged in a 5200 controller and it works, so it maybe a wiring or POT issue). The rod and one knob is missing from the information tube in the front. The front door is missing also. It came with Missile Command for the 5200, (Tac Scan 2600 and Combat 2600) and the 5000 Store Demonstrator Manual. I plan on restoring the missing door and repairing the rest. I will post some pictures later.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to share some current photos of the 5200 kiosk. I still have not made a new door, but thanks to pumpkinhead, I have the dimensions and photos from his. It has cleaned up quite nice. I have replaced the missing rod and the knobs (they aren't original, but they look close) for the information scroll. I fixed the second player joystick, it wasn't the pots, but the connectors from the joystick to the pots. These were broken/cracked and would not move the pots. I made a mold and cast new ones using a product called Alumilite. I did not replace the set screw in them, as these may have caused the cracking in the first place. I plan on making the door, and moving it to my basement, which will be the most difficult part!

I am curious as to how many were made, and from looking at the one posted on Atari Gaming Headquarters, there may have been two styles, as that one has the fire buttons next to the joysticks, which I think is a better design. I am tempted to move mine.

post-8896-1209755519_thumb.jpg

post-8896-1209755539_thumb.jpg

post-8896-1209755556_thumb.jpg

post-8896-1209755579_thumb.jpg

post-8896-1209755600_thumb.jpg

post-8896-1209755627_thumb.jpg

post-8896-1209755639_thumb.jpg

I just wanted to share some current photos of the 5200 kiosk. I still have not made a new door, but thanks to pumpkinhead, I have the dimensions and photos from his. It has cleaned up quite nice. I have replaced the missing rod and the knobs (they aren't original, but they look close) for the information scroll. I fixed the second player joystick, it wasn't the pots, but the connectors from the joystick to the pots. These were broken/cracked and would not move the pots. I made a mold and cast new ones using a product called Alumilite. I did not replace the set screw in them, as these may have caused the cracking in the first place. I plan on making the door, and moving it to my basement, which will be the most difficult part!

I am curious as to how many were made, and from looking at the one posted on Atari Gaming Headquarters, there may have been two styles, as that one has the fire buttons next to the joysticks, which I think is a better design. I am tempted to move mine.

lookin sweet