IGNORED

Pepsi Invaders Auction Up - is it legit?

JustJeff2

This is my auction for the Pepsi Invaders cartridge.

I fully understand any concerns about its legitimacy, and will answer any questions anyone may have about it. The photos used are photos I have taken, if you look at my other items for auction you should see that they match. I will be adding more photos showing the ROM chip as best I can per the suggestion above. If anyone has any more ideas about how I can eliminate any concerns, please let me know.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I fully understand any concerns about its legitimacy, and will answer any questions anyone may have about it. The photos used are photos I have taken, if you look at my other items for auction you should see that they match. I will be adding more photos showing the ROM chip as best I can per the suggestion above. If anyone has any more ideas about how I can eliminate any concerns, please let me know.

Excellent! :)

thanks for the reply!

To be sure the guy should show us the ROM chip!

He might remove the shield but most of those chips look the same as a Space Invader or defender chip. Good ol' Taiwan. Gotta love it. I think it's legit unless like you say it could be an eprom that could be the case but I don't see any burn marks or inconsistancies with the soldering. We'll see what happens I guess. :ponder:

He might remove the shield but most of those chips look the same as a Space Invader or defender chip. Good ol' Taiwan. Gotta love it. I think it's legit unless like you say it could be an eprom that could be the case but I don't see any burn marks or inconsistancies with the soldering. We'll see what happens I guess. :ponder:

I won't remove the shield for the reasons you state. Any modification of the board may cast doubt on the authenticity. It will stay original and untouched.

I tried to take pictures of the top of the chip but the shield is too close to the ROM to get a good image. I did get a good shot of the side of the chip and will update the auction with that image this evening.

I won't remove the shield for the reasons you state. Any modification of the board may cast doubt on the authenticity. It will stay original and untouched.

I tried to take pictures of the top of the chip but the shield is too close to the ROM to get a good image. I did get a good shot of the side of the chip and will update the auction with that image this evening.

Don't fluck with the sheild. It looks legit to me. :thumbsup:

Edited by Shawn Sr.

Ya don't mess with it. I want my new PI to be nice and neat. =)

Jim

It won't be messed with.

Here is another picture of the ROM chip from the side. I'm not certain how to add another image to my ebay listing, as I can't seem to edit my HTML code that makes up the image list. Closest I can come to looking under the shield. Hope it helps.

PepsiInvaders-10.jpg

if you can find that sticker in your stash to include the the cart I bet it would add another $100 bucks to the total.

I never had it with the sticker. When I fount it in a thrift store in 1991 all that was left was the adhesive residue. Someone had hand written "Pepsi Invaders" on a torn scrap of paper and taped it to the label end of the case. I bought it as a "mystery" cart for 90¢ hoping it was something interesting. I was very disappointed to find out it was just another Space Invaders clone.

Well, at the time I was disappointed.

if you can find that sticker in your stash to include the the cart I bet it would add another $100 bucks to the total.

I never had it with the sticker. When I fount it in a thrift store in 1991 all that was left was the adhesive residue. Someone had hand written "Pepsi Invaders" on a torn scrap of paper and taped it to the label end of the case. I bought it as a "mystery" cart for 90¢ hoping it was something interesting. I was very disappointed to find out it was just another Space Invaders clone.

Well, at the time I was disappointed.

Yeah, I would have been pissed too. Dang hacks. :P