IGNORED

Pepsi Invaders Auction Up - is it legit?

JustJeff2

if you can find that sticker in your stash to include the the cart I bet it would add another $100 bucks to the total.

I never had it with the sticker. When I fount it in a thrift store in 1991 all that was left was the adhesive residue. Someone had hand written "Pepsi Invaders" on a torn scrap of paper and taped it to the label end of the case. I bought it as a "mystery" cart for 90¢ hoping it was something interesting. I was very disappointed to find out it was just another Space Invaders clone.

Well, at the time I was disappointed.

Yeah, I would have been pissed too. Dang hacks. :P

Not only is it a hack it also a promo. ;) :D Eh, once you don't have the game anymore, the more you realize that you could call it a hack and a promo all day long and it really isn't going to effect price.

Got the item today and it is the real deal. Fully inspected all parts. I did not take the shield off the chip, but you can tell by looking at it that is original and not modified. The sticker residue is definitely old and I would bet from the original red sticker from the original box (too bad no box!). Took my own set of pix, then put it all back together and played it for the first time (well, um, I have a repro too, but that doesn't count!)

Anyway, not sure who maintains the "official" PI list, but you can add this "Texas Thrift Store" Pepsi Invaders to the list. I am 99% sure it is authentic.

Man, the shivers that went up my spine as I turned my heavy sixer switch "on" in hopes of seeing the game screen come up ok. Yes! Then, as I played, the realization that I was playing such a rare item. Ah, so cool.

Later,

-JustJeff

Got the item today and it is the real deal. Fully inspected all parts. I did not take the shield off the chip, but you can tell by looking at it that is original and not modified. The sticker residue is definitely old and I would bet from the original red sticker from the original box (too bad no box!). Took my own set of pix, then put it all back together and played it for the first time (well, um, I have a repro too, but that doesn't count!)

Anyway, not sure who maintains the "official" PI list, but you can add this "Texas Thrift Store" Pepsi Invaders to the list. I am 99% sure it is authentic.

Man, the shivers that went up my spine as I turned my heavy sixer switch "on" in hopes of seeing the game screen come up ok. Yes! Then, as I played, the realization that I was playing such a rare item. Ah, so cool.

Later,

-JustJeff

Just updated it. I forgot to add you when you won. :dunce:

Later,

-JustJeff

I was excited to play mine for the frist time. I have my box mounted in a box picture frame sitting on my desk. Congrads on the win.

Jim