IGNORED

Atari enthusiasts in Southern California?

neopeius

I live in San Diego (North County) and am interested in connecting and sharing experiences/collections with other local Atari fans. Are there any others in the So Cal area?

Gideon

Where in N.Co.?? I grew up in SD and lived there until the end of '03 (moved there in'68). I played in many bands around the area for many years. I come down there frequently as my parents still live in Lakeside. Wouldn't mind connecting up when I'm down there for a visit.

I live in San Diego (North County) and am interested in connecting and sharing experiences/collections with other local Atari fans. Are there any others in the So Cal area?

Gideon

Where in N.Co.?? I grew up in SD and lived there until the end of '03 (moved there in'68). I played in many bands around the area for many years. I come down there frequently as my parents still live in Lakeside. Wouldn't mind connecting up when I'm down there for a visit.

Oh man! Why did you ever leave? I'm in Vista and I love it here.

Where did you land?

Just for background, I started on the 8 bit (my first computer) in August of 1983. I have really fond memories of those machines and not just for games.

Gideon

Gideon

Oh man! Why did you ever leave? I'm in Vista and I love it here.

Where did you land?

Just for background, I started on the 8 bit (my first computer) in August of 1983. I have really fond memories of those machines and not just for games.

Gideon

Yea, I got my first around the same time, from Kobey's swap meet. I used to find Atari stuff there and at the Santee drive in swap meet all the time back then. Of course, the Federated in El Cajon and Warner's near the sports arena got a lot of my money when they were around. I have lived in Lakeside, El Cajon, Santee, Claremont Mesa, La Mesa, Spring Valley, Carlsbad, San Marcos....hope I didn't forget any!!! LOL Back in the later '80s, the band I was in, Cinema, used to play at Vista Entertainment Center all the time. Don't know if it is still there but it was the bowling alley and there was a large nightclub inside. Great times!!!

Edited by Guitarman

Yea, I got my first around the same time, from Kobey's swap meet. I used to find Atari stuff there and at the Santee drive in swap meet all the time back then. Of course, the Federated in El Cajon and Warner's near the sports arena got a lot of my money when they were around. I have lived in Lakeside, El Cajon, Santee, Claremont Mesa, La Mesa, Spring Valley, Carlsbad, San Marcos....hope I didn't forget any!!! LOL Back in the later '80s, the band I was in, Cinema, used to play at Vista Entertainment Center all the time. Don't know if it is still there but it was the bowling alley and there was a large nightclub inside. Great times!!!

The Vista Entertainment Center is still there. I used to play Laser Storm there in the '90s. I'd always heard good things about Kobey's but I never went. Instead, I haunted the Oceanside Swap Meet--picked up one of my 1200XLs there for $10. Pickings have become nonexistent of late, sadly, as has much of the Atari community.

Gideon