IGNORED

Stack 'o FB2s spotted at Target(twin cities)

I believe the Target in Richfield, MN offa Highway 77 has a stack of FB2s. I'm considering picking one up since I surely have the revision 2. Some of the games I played on it(before I went HD) had numerous vertical hold issues. Ugh. Of course, the FB2 is not even listed on Target's website. Might as well go pick one up for the fixed games & easier cartridge modability.

Either way, there was like 20 of 'em. Forgot the price.

great find! I wish something like this would show up at my target :ponder:

I just bought one for $20. I'll give my old one(I assume rev 2) to a friend for hacking or just having fun with.

I would like to have one too. I bought mine used, and it turns out to be the first version. First run makes it more valuable, right.

Quadrun does not speak and Yar's Returns verticle hold is off. First run makes it more valuable, right. Didn't they test these things first? Anyway, from looking at the list, I would only loose out on playing four of my games if I put a cartridge slot in. (paid someone to put a cartridge slot in.)

great find! I wish something like this would show up at my target :ponder:

Quadrun does not speak and Yar's Returns verticle hold is off. First run makes it more valuable, right. Didn't they test these things first? Anyway, from looking at the list, I would only loose out on playing four of my games if I put a cartridge slot in. (paid someone to put a cartridge slot in.)

As someone who's been in QA for 1/3rd of my life, the biggest gripe was with the dang bugs on this. In Wikipedia, it said it took 10 weeks to make. And I thought annual release cycles were a bad idea. I also noticed with the pong game, the ball will go through the player in a certain spot.

This thing was released in the age of HDTVs. There was no way to fix the vertical hold issues in the games? Is this because we're talking about native 2600 code here that plays with the display in certain ways, or what?

The only thing I haven't tried was going via composite cables - > VCR - > coaxial - > HDTV. Maybe that will do the trick.