IGNORED

Hit the motherload on craigslist

bcprs1

Last week I was checking craigslist and someone in East Providence, RI listed a 5200 with a bunch of games for $50. I decided to go check it out and ended up getting a great deal. Not only did I get a bunch of common games I didn't have, but I also got a Pengo, Pitfall II, James Bond, Buck Rogers, Mr Do's Castle, Star Wars Arcade and Star Wars ROTJ Death Star. I just got into collecting 5200 games recently and didn't realize how rare Death Star Battle was.

Nice...very nice!

I've had pretty good luck with Craigslist myself. A few weeks ago I snagged an enormous lot for $250: 2 2600s (one a short-rainbow Jr. with the plastic still on the metal strip), approx 50 games, Atari game center, 2 NESes (one a top loader), ~90 NES games (including Contra, Super C, Zelda, Final Fantasy with book, Rampage, Metroid, Bubble Bobble, and the Metal Gear games), a boxed Odyssey 2 with ~20 boxed games (incl. Quest For The Rings, Conquest of The World, and Atlantis), a Sega Genesis with around 20 games, and a wierd pong game.

And I have a deal pending for an Apple IIe, 2 Disk II units, an Apple IIGS, a DuoDisk unit, a composite monitor, and assorted software for $50...but the guy's taking his sweet time getting back to me.

(Sorry, I just had to share!)

$50 is awesome for a 5200 lot, especially considering the titles you got with it. I've got Pengo, Pitfall II, James Bond, and SW:A, but it took me a while to accumulate them. And now, the million dollar question: how are the controllers? :D

Dude, the 5200 pretty much rocks the socks. I love mine, though I have like all of a singular working joystick I think.

My title list isn't as impressive as that. Mostly commons, but commons I picked up cheaply along the way. I'll get around to fleshing it out eventually.

Really good score for $50!! Hard to beat that price.

congrats. I can't get lucky on Craigslist, most things i'm interested in people want way to much money for, but luckily enough, Garage sale season is starting so hopefully I'll get lucky this year in regards to garage sales.

I have found a few good items on craigs list but every time I send a message I never get a reply. I guess no one wants to ship it 100 miles. I always make more than fair offers.