IGNORED

Vintage Video Game Sellers are better (ebay sellers)

FND

Something I noticed

I recently started collecting/buying Monopoly board games and have noticed a big difference in the sellers,

It seems I have been spoiled buying vintage video games it has been a fairly rare occurrence to receive

Damaged goods due to the sellers packaging when purchasing Video Games but have found the opposite to be

true with vintage board games.

Its not that I don’t ask for the items to be packed securely I always send a message asking for them to be packed

so the box and board are protected, also ask that any loose items in the box be packed so they don’t move around and

damage other items, always offer to cover any extra expense in the event it will cost extra for packing materials and

postage but do they listen or even try NO

Recently spent over 1K on a early release 1935 Darrow Monopoly game (pre parker brothers only 5000 made)

and politely asked the seller to please pack the loose items in the box so they don't move around and damage the Money

(paid a lot because it was in such great condition) They even responded with sure not a problem. Received the item with

loose pieces rattling around in the box and they indeed damaged some of the money

Another recent purchase was a early 1941 release and was mailed with original box wrapped in thin freezer paper (type of paper you wrap food in) of course the box was smashed

Next item I Paid a good price for was a #5 set that was only released for a short time, I paid a premium because

of the great condition, received this item again with loose items rolling around in the box and also missing some of the items

pictured in the auction (condition and completeness is very important)

I have bought 5 sets through ebay and not one has arrived in the condition I was expecting but what’s really sad is it's mostly

due to damage in transit caused by the seemingly careless packaging by the seller. Oh did I mention I always ask for them to

take care and offer to pay any extra cost :(

I could go on about how they seem to crop out the damage on the boards or just forget to mention the stains and rips on the

back of the board when it is described as near mint ?

Just thought I would vent and share the fact I think the Vintage Video Game sellers on the whole are much better then some

of the other collectable item sellers

Edited by FND

I am pissed just by reading this. LOL :x

Just waiting for May 1st when I can post my feedbacks in response to there care and understanding :evil:

AFAIK, for auctions completed before May 1st, sellers can still leave positive, negative, or neutral feedback. Also, I'm not completely certain that May 1st is the actual date when the "sellers can only leave positive feedback system" goes into effect; it's supposed to be in May, but I've not seen a firm date.

http://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/new.html