IGNORED

My U.S. Games Prototype labels are for sale...

krypton85

Not fakes at all. I would never try and sell or trade away a fake anything. These are 100% legit. If you want to bid on them and win and still think they're fake, I would offer a 100% refund.

That whole guardian thing was a misunderstanding between me and a friend of mine as shown in this thread here:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=103855

No, those U.S. carts are actually real, I remember looking at close up shots (which I can't find right now).

I am surprised crunchy hasn't bought them yet. LOL

My best guess is that they were going to re-release these games with the new style label, but they went bankrupt before they could, just had too many of the old labels on hand and never used them all up, or that they just never did another run of carts. These are probably sample copies that they were using to show what the new labels would look like. That would explain why they pasted the labels over the old one and why one of them is actually a prototype. For $300 I probably would have jumped on this had I seen them earlier. Nice find!

Tempest

I think these are fake because if the labels were rereleases, they would have been a third modification (a lot of the US Games have two different physical versions). Besides, the second version of the game was released close to the crash so in terms of timing, a rerelease would have never occurred (unless they tried to rerelease the game after 1986 or something like that) which I highly doubt it. Besides, based on what I have seen in the past from the seller, it makes me uncomfortable in getting reworked labels from the same source. I have seen many repros and the quality of the labels are amazing, especially with the super laser printers that exist.

I might be totally wrong but I am just not sure about this. Just my two cents.

I got them off of eBay myself about a year ago in a lot of other games. I even posted the auction link to these forums. They seem 100% legit to me, and If crunchy doesn't think they are legit, I will refund him 100%. I would never, and have never, try to sell or trade anything that was a fake.

I think these are fake because if the labels were rereleases, they would have been a third modification (a lot of the US Games have two different physical versions). Besides, the second version of the game was released close to the crash so in terms of timing, a rerelease would have never occurred (unless they tried to rerelease the game after 1986 or something like that) which I highly doubt it.
Wonder, AFAIK these labels are second edition labels.

As you can see, the original first edition (black) labels are still visible underneath.

IMO U.S. Games had the idea to re-release their black label titles as second edition labels too, but for some reason they decided not to do it.

It wouldn't surprise me if they designed second edition labels for the other black label titles too (the ones that Carrere Video used in Europe):

http://www.atarimania.com/zoom_frame.php?T...amp;NUM_IMAGE=0

I really don't think these Carrere Video label designs did fall out of the sky above Europe.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

I think these are fake because if the labels were rereleases, they would have been a third modification (a lot of the US Games have two different physical versions). Besides, the second version of the game was released close to the crash so in terms of timing, a rerelease would have never occurred (unless they tried to rerelease the game after 1986 or something like that) which I highly doubt it.
Wonder, AFAIK these labels are second edition labels.

As you can see, the original first edition (black) labels are still visible underneath.

IMO U.S. Games had the idea to re-release their black label titles as second edition labels too, but for some reason they decided not to do it.

It wouldn't surprise me if they designed second edition labels for the other black label titles too (the ones that Carrere Video used in Europe):

I really don't think these Carrere Video label designs did fall out of the sky above Europe.

8)

But why, it does not make sense from a timing point of view. That coupled with the history of the seller just does not connect. Besides, anybody can put a label over another....why do that if you are making a fresh batch of carts. And if that is the case, why create a new batch of stickers if the original stickers are on them already....doesn't make financial sense. I just feel very uncomfortable with these carts, there are too many variables.

As you guys know, I do not like to create controversy but Crunchy got ripped-off on this deal. :(

Edited by Wonder007

There is something about those carts that just do not jive with me.....they are too unique to be proto labels and too much of a coincedence under the current circumstances. Besides, on one of the carts, the new label covers the smaller label consistent on the real US Games protos and yet you cannot really see the type on it......too weird or somebody trying to make them look like they are real but in reality an elaborate printing job with an HP or the like. Again, too many variables to make it look legit in my book. :(