IGNORED

What do you think sell with or without a store on ebay?

brucebidder

I have been debating whether or not to pay the monthly installment fee to have an ebay store and was wondering from those that do what advantages they feel they get over conventional auctioning. Any real advantages, or specials for store owners? I have researched via the forums and help files on ebay so I am not blindly asking this question. I know the basic advantages and such but wanted the opinion of people who are actually using a store format. Oh and I have been told volume has some effect from people so as far as that goes I have about 40 systems and about 2000 games I am planning on selling over the next 6-12 monthes. Mainly Atari, Coleco and Intellivision stuff.

PLEASE NOTE: I AM NOT OFFERING ANYTHING FOR SALE HERE, JUST ASKING FOR AN OPINION.

You're going to be selling a lot of stuff.

I would go with the eBay store.

You will save money in the long run.

Well....I'm not 100% sure on that.

I haven't been on eBay since the latest fee increases.

Maybe you should try eCrater.com.

Traffic has been picking up there and it's FREE to sell. ;)

Edited by HrdCorHillbilly

I have been debating whether or not to pay the monthly installment fee to have an ebay store and was wondering from those that do what advantages they feel they get over conventional auctioning. Any real advantages, or specials for store owners? I have researched via the forums and help files on ebay so I am not blindly asking this question. I know the basic advantages and such but wanted the opinion of people who are actually using a store format. Oh and I have been told volume has some effect from people so as far as that goes I have about 40 systems and about 2000 games I am planning on selling over the next 6-12 monthes. Mainly Atari, Coleco and Intellivision stuff.

PLEASE NOTE: I AM NOT OFFERING ANYTHING FOR SALE HERE, JUST ASKING FOR AN OPINION.

I am a bit biased here, but I would register on ChaseTheChuckwagon.com. We are experiencing a lot of growth since being on line only a month. Visit out site and listen to our home page feature "Auction Talk" to hear our growth statistics. We have many AtariAge members in the Chuckwagon Community, as well. Today we are sitting at a little over 230 members. I am advertising on GameSniped.com and also bringing in members from GatheringOfGamers.com which is a new Video Game focused Networking Site.

We don't charge insertion fees so we are only paid if your item sells. We have much less selling percentages and lower listing enhancment fees. No charge for additional photos and you can start and end your auctions at any time - up to 10 days with no fees. You can use Buy Now and Accept Offer and set up a store front with our Storefrong/Chuckwagon Homepage tools for free and use our cut and past tools to promote your auction listing in newsgroups such as AtariAge, Digital Press, Etc. Or just run standard and reserve price auctions like you would on eBay.

You will start with a $5 Seller Credit so you can run a few auctions for free to test the system out. Please give it a try. I am sure there are some Chuckwagon members here who can vouch for us. And AtariAge is plugging us on their home page now.

So Cal Mike

Owner, ChaseTheChuckwagon.com

I am a bit biased here, but I would register on ChaseTheChuckwagon.com. We are experiencing a lot of growth since being on line only a month. Visit out site and listen to our home page feature "Auction Talk" to hear our growth statistics. We have many AtariAge members in the Chuckwagon Community, as well. Today we are sitting at a little over 230 members. I am advertising on GameSniped.com and also bringing in members from GatheringOfGamers.com which is a new Video Game focused Networking Site.

We don't charge insertion fees so we are only paid if your item sells. We have much less selling percentages and lower listing enhancment fees. No charge for additional photos and you can start and end your auctions at any time - up to 10 days with no fees. You can use Buy Now and Accept Offer and set up a store front with our Storefrong/Chuckwagon Homepage tools for free and use our cut and past tools to promote your auction listing in newsgroups such as AtariAge, Digital Press, Etc. Or just run standard and reserve price auctions like you would on eBay.

You will start with a $5 Seller Credit so you can run a few auctions for free to test the system out. Please give it a try. I am sure there are some Chuckwagon members here who can vouch for us. And AtariAge is plugging us on their home page now.

So Cal Mike

Owner, ChaseTheChuckwagon.com

I've been considering it, the issue is, unfortunately the exposure. I wouldn't mind selling some stuff there, but I don't want to take a big hit due to less users. I mean the site is nice and I may list a few things just to see what happens, but I'm a little reluctant to get away from ebay even though its a money grabbing whole. I mean right now if I were to list on your site I could easily triple whats currently available site wide and that concerns me alittle. Thanks for the post though and I'll think about doing a test run over there...

Bruce

I am using Chuckwagon as a storefront for some things. If you're worried about getting exposure, just list things a little high and take offers on them. I've sold a few things this way already. I have a NES set up there right now for $100.00 (definitely a "store" price) and am accepting offers. I have paid nothing to do this. It works pretty well; I know the right buyers for stuff will come along eventually.

I think the exposure for store listings is far less than auction style listings.

I don't have a store so I can't confirm it myself, but from what I've seen store listings do not appear in search results except at the end of the list, and then only if yours comes up in the first 10 store listings, otherwise they have to scroll all the way past the search results and click the link for more store listings.

Steve

I am not an expert as I have never opened an eBay store but these are what I know:

Store has less Listing Fee but more Final Value Fee.

Store has much less exposure since it is always listed at the bottom of the search page.

Store has advantage of keep relisting itself until it sells.

At any rate, eBay now offer 30 day free trial for first time eBay Store Owner. If you cancel before 30 days have passed, your store fee will be credited to your eBay invoice but not your credit card account.

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200805.shtml#2008-05-02095404

Edited by Hendra