IGNORED

Some MIB 2600 Games! CHEAP!

antiqu8ed

Any explanation for the $8 shipping fee for one Atari game, bro?

Sure! I pay $2 for the box and packing materials and $6 is my average USPS cost for a < 1 pound package. I don't make any money off of shipping. If you buy more I'll combine the shipping since it will only be one box and the overall shipping will be less. Alternately, if you don't care that they're boxed up I can put them in a padded envelope and send them via Media Mail... for that I'd only charge $3.50. If you want it boxed and sent media mail I could do it for $4.50. Hope that helps. Good Luck!

Sure! I pay $2 for the box and packing materials and $6 is my average USPS cost for a < 1 pound package. I don't make any money off of shipping. If you buy more I'll combine the shipping since it will only be one box and the overall shipping will be less. Alternately, if you don't care that they're boxed up I can put them in a padded envelope and send them via Media Mail... for that I'd only charge $3.50. If you want it boxed and sent media mail I could do it for $4.50. Hope that helps. Good Luck!

In any other context I'd find this insulting, but after 10 years on Ebay I'm used to sellers who overcharge for shipping talking to me like I'm some kind of stupid idiot who can be convinced that it actually does cost $8 to ship an Atari game.

So anyway, good luck with those sales!

Sure! I pay $2 for the box and packing materials and $6 is my average USPS cost for a

Interesting, they charge me $4.60 for Priority mail and give me boxes for free.

Hmm, it sounds like you are shipping first class if you are paying $6 for shipping and $2 for a box. Well just to inform you, USPS has this thing called PRIORITY MAIL that makes it cheaper at $4.60 for less than a pound. And get this. The box is free. I am happy that I am able to save you money. :D

See... I knew I had a gripe. I just got raped on ebay for 5 loose carts. Granted I got the carts cheaper then I should have.... but still it should not matter. I got most of the carts for 1 penny and then one for 30 cents or something. But get this: the guy sends me an invoice for a total of 37 or so cents. AND $10.97 in shipping.

I questioned him on this... because I know how he ships (cheap cheap cheap). He charged me $6 before for one cart. It arrived first class in a bubblelope. He tells me I should not bitch because I got fairly rare games very cheap (yes... I did... but that isn't my fault he does not have a reserve)... and that he has to make up for the fees, the gas, the shipping, and handling, the packing, etc etc. Same thing. Then he said, if I don't like it... then we'll just 'trade' feedback. So now I have a guy threatening to leave me negative feedback, because he's a jackoff that overcharges on shipping. I can see charging me $4.60 or whatever. but $10.97 for 5 loose carts? Insane!!!!

Well, at least he tells you up front what "shipping AND handling" are going to be.

I have another thread up here about a recent eBay auction I won. The bidding started at only $1 for six common 2600 carts - no boxes or manuals. The auction stated up front that shipping was $14, which I thought steep. I didn't want to pay more than $20 total, so I bid just $4. No one else bid so I got the auction for a total of $15- yayyyy...

The seller than sent me a note warning me that since I had such a low winning bid, he was going to ship it the cheapest way possible so that he "could at least make a few dollars"! Unbelievable. When the package arrived, the 6 carts were wrapped up in a bundle with bubble wrap and a plastic bag as outer wrap. The shipping charge was about $5.

The carts were okay, so I left a positive feedback... but I give him only one star on the shipping, as I thought $15 for the S&H was way out of line.

Part of me still thinks, as long as the shipping is stated up front, what's the big deal? Bid based on your total known out of pocket cost.

The seller is screwing the evil behemoth eBay out of a few cents of final value fees, serves 'em right.

Then another part of me thinks, my heavens, that's unethical. I need to find somewhere to post about this ad nauseam.

It sure is a dilemma. Ranks right up there with global warming and the mortgage crisis.

- sorry, woke up cranky today, four hours of sleep will do that to you.

Two wrongs don't make a right !!!

Ebay sucks for raping people on fees.

And sellers like this suck for charging $5 more than

actual shipping. I can ship a boxed game, in a box,

bubble-wrapped for under $3.50 total cost anywhere

in the US. :)

-------

when is the last time you shipped something at the post office????

plus all the rates are going up next week.shipping prices are outrageous anymore.

plus its shipping and handling!!!!!!

plus all the rates are going up next week.shipping prices are outrageous anymore.

Oh, I don't know... 3 days ago. Box went out for $5.25 that covered everything, tracking, box, and materials. I just recycle what I have, since I buy a ton of stuff too. Way back when I shipped carded toys it was a big deal making sure that the thing didn't get crushed in transit. Nowadays, a seller won't blink and stuff that thing into a padded envelope and ship it Media Mail if they think they can get away with it. All the while charging $8 for shipping and feeling A-Ok about it.

It's real simple, stop gouging for handling and maybe I'll consider bidding again. The crap sellers pull on ebay is one reason I keep my activities there to a minimum and definitely I stay away from a majority of the so-called power sellers. Personally, while nobody may follow me, I choose to lead by example on this topic.

Hex.

[ Not the most right, or wholesome at times, but even I have some standards. ]

-------

Yeah I shipped around 400 packages since this time last year. A boxed game wrapped in bubble wrap

and put in a small box weighs 7-10 oz., I ship them first class, for under $3.50, materials and all. Regardless,

of what the post office tells you about priority, first class gets there just as fast. Usually 2 days anywhere in the

continental US from where I live. :)

Two wrongs don't make a right !!!

Ebay sucks for raping people on fees.

And sellers like this suck for charging $5 more than

actual shipping. I can ship a boxed game, in a box,

bubble-wrapped for under $3.50 total cost anywhere

in the US. :)

AMEN Brother!!!! :D

Interesting, they charge me $4.60 for Priority mail and give me boxes for free.

I send boxed Atari 2600 games in a box I buy in bulk for 25 cents and send first class anything under 13 oz. Which usually will cover up to 2 games for 3.50 or less with confirmation anywhere in the US.

Anything more than 13 oz. send it priority, free boxes and free confirmation online starting at 4.60.

• 9 months later...
Crap nothing to see here.

What happened? You posted ragging me that I hadn't commented about this then you realized the thread was over a year old? :P

Maybe it´s full moon??? :D

Owwooooooooooo

I had 4 windows open, Got on this old thread some how, and had a sixer in me. Sorrrryyyyy :P

What happened? You posted ragging me that I hadn't commented about this then you realized the thread was over a year old? :P

Owwooooooooooo

I had 4 windows open, Got on this old thread some how, and had a sixer in me. Sorrrryyyyy :P

A light or a heavy sixer?????? :P

Owwooooooooooo

A light or a heavy sixer?????? :P

Regular sixer. In this Economy, only the cheap stuff for me. Now Wine, that is a different story. :D

Well, at least he tells you up front what "shipping AND handling" are going to be.

I have another thread up here about a recent eBay auction I won. The bidding started at only $1 for six common 2600 carts - no boxes or manuals. The auction stated up front that shipping was $14, which I thought steep. I didn't want to pay more than $20 total, so I bid just $4. No one else bid so I got the auction for a total of $15- yayyyy...

The seller than sent me a note warning me that since I had such a low winning bid, he was going to ship it the cheapest way possible so that he "could at least make a few dollars"! Unbelievable. When the package arrived, the 6 carts were wrapped up in a bundle with bubble wrap and a plastic bag as outer wrap. The shipping charge was about $5.

The carts were okay, so I left a positive feedback... but I give him only one star on the shipping, as I thought $15 for the S&H was way out of line.

Do you realize what leaving just one star means? That totally kills an ebay seller and just might kick them off ebay. You agreed to the shipping upfront and then you leave one star? Ebay has a rule that a seller must maintain a 4.3 in every category,if they dont then they get pulled off ebay, even if they have 100 percent feedback. Next time you leave feedback, really think about what you leave in the star system.