IGNORED

Ben Poehland?

Fletch

I recently bought a bunch of Atari stuff off of Craigslist and an 800 XL in the lot has the name Ben Poehland. I seem to remember a Ben Poehland wrote articles in Current Notes way back when.

The 800xl is listed as being Unit #2 and has detailed descriptions about the various upgrades done. Kind of funny how stuff gets moved about in the world if it was from Current Notes magazine.

Fletch

post-3523-1210474837_thumb.jpg

I recently bought a bunch of Atari stuff off of Craigslist and an 800 XL in the lot has the name Ben Poehland. I seem to remember a Ben Poehland wrote articles in Current Notes way back when.

The 800xl is listed as being Unit #2 and has detailed descriptions about the various upgrades done. Kind of funny how stuff gets moved about in the world if it was from Current Notes magazine.

Fletch

Yes,that is "The 8 bit Alchemist" from Current Notes and the founder of "Atari Classics" magazine!

How is the old curmudgeon?

Thanks for the information. I thought the name looked familiar.

I cannot say how he is because the guy I bought it from wasn't Ben. It was just some guy that was given a big lot of Atari stuff and his wife wanted it all out of the garage. The guy really had no idea what any of the stuff was.

As for the 800XL it seems ok. It has a bunch of upgrades in it that seem functional except I cannot seem to get the Omniview into 80 column mode. Maybe I'm doing it wrong or maybe its missing a chip or something.

Its currently sitting on a shelf.

Fletch

Fletch

Yes,that is "The 8 bit Alchemist" from Current Notes and the founder of "Atari Classics" magazine!

How is the old curmudgeon?

Yes, I tried that. I opened the 800XL and the board where I assume the Omniview would be located is missing a chip. There is a place for 3 chips and its only populated in two.

I cannot seem to get the Omniview into 80 column mode. Maybe I'm doing it wrong or maybe its missing a chip or something.

Did you try CONTROL-A then RESET button? That works on my OmniviewXL.