IGNORED

Gameboy Color Flash Carts

i got the easy flash ii, 128 mbit along time ago.

i don't think it is compatible with gb color.

another good site to check out is: http://www.gbadev.org/

I'm just wondering why you keep giving him links for Gameboy Advanced when he asked about the Color. I do have a question, since I have a Color too, if I buy a Gameboy advance can I use the GBA flashcard to load original gameboy and gbc games as well as GBA?

It's been awhile since I used my flash card for GBA but the way it works is...(and please feel free to correct me if I'm passing along outdated information)...your GBA recognizes when you insert a cart whether it is a GBA cart or a GB/GBColor cart and runs the corresponding software to load the game. Therefore you can't just stick GB/GBColor roms onto a GBA flash cart and expect them to load as the hardware thinks you are running GBA software due to the cart size/shape. What you need to do is download Goomba, a GB/GB Color emulator, and create a ROM containing the GB/GB Color roms you want to emulate. It's fairly painless (and I'm sure the process has been streamlined further). IIRC there are two different versions of Goomba -- one for regular GB carts and one for GB Color carts -- the original Goomba was available on the website while Goomba Color was available in the website forum, although they may have since been combined into one version. The programmer is Flubba and he's done a fantastic job. Here's the link to his website:

http://www.ndsretro.com/

Good luck!

Here's an alternate link to Goomba Color:

http://www.dwedit.org/gba/goombacolor.php

Edited by rorysl

i got the easy flash ii, 128 mbit along time ago.

i don't think it is compatible with gb color.

another good site to check out is: http://www.gbadev.org/

I'm just wondering why you keep giving him links for Gameboy Advanced when he asked about the Color. I do have a question, since I have a Color too, if I buy a Gameboy advance can I use the GBA flashcard to load original gameboy and gbc games as well as GBA?

it was just one link. gbadev has a forum on flash equip. you could post a question there about gbc flash.

When i got my gbc i bought a GB Smart 32mb cart with ems transferer parallel port. I bought it from Lin-sang, but it has gone out of business.

I have found a site that sells the transferer, but i can't find any gbc cards. HKems

this is the place to get 32Mb GBC carts and transferrer for GBC. They do not list the carts but all you need to do is e-mail them and tell them you want to buy a set and they'll hook you up. they are very reliable. delivery takes about 3 weeks and they take paypal.

hint: this is where all the other online stores buy their stock from ;)

I've had a Mr Flash 64M for a long time now, I guess you can't get them anymore? Great GB/GBC cart. :cool:

Yeah I have two Mr. Flash 64M carts and they are great. Unfortunately the EMS 32M carts are not compatible with the transferrer that sold with the Mr. Flash.

Someone was also asking about running GB/GBC roms from a GBA cart and you can do it if you use a device called a "GB Bridge". They cost about $20 if you can find them anywhere. They are bulky & unwieldy so I prefer to use an emulator on GBA for GB/GBC games.

When i got my gbc i bought a GB Smart 32mb cart with ems transferer parallel port. I bought it from Lin-sang, but it has gone out of business.

I have found a site that sells the transferer, but i can't find any gbc cards. HKems

this is the place to get 32Mb GBC carts and transferrer for GBC. They do not list the carts but all you need to do is e-mail them and tell them you want to buy a set and they'll hook you up. they are very reliable. delivery takes about 3 weeks and they take paypal.

hint: this is where all the other online stores buy their stock from ;)

Do you have any idea how much extra the 32 mb cart costs? Thanks for the link!

Do you have any idea how much extra the 32 mb cart costs? Thanks for the link!

I forget but just e-mail them and they'll answer all your questions. I think they were like $20 a piece. if I were you I'd get two 32M carts because shipping as I recall was more expensive than the cart was unless you pick the slower regular airmail delivery which takes about 4-6 weeks.