IGNORED

Shipping Question

black dog

I think most of us agree that you don't ship a boxed game in a padded envelope, but what about a loose Atari 2600 game. Is it alright for a seller to ship a loose 2600 game in a padded envelope? I'm talking about a single game. Do most seller ship a loose game in an envelope or a box? Opinions?

That works for me as well, but it depends on the rarity of the game. If it is a rarer title, I boxed it up in a strong cardboard box, with the bubble wrap around it if I am selling it. If I am buying a rare title I request that it be put in a box to ensure safety. I do not mind paying a bit extra when it comes to shipping. Cheers, FB

i dont feel like making a new shipping thread or looking for the right one so im gonna complain here :)

i just sold something to a guy in Calif.

i did the usual calculation on the usps website on saturday (2 days before the prices went up) and i did the calculation for just 2 lbs (the box actually weighed 2lbs 60oz)

saturday the priority was $7 for 2 lbs

today it was $8.25 for 2lbs

for 2 lbs 60oz today its $12.95 for priority on the website

but the guy there said that priority would be $11.50

and the guy said parcel post would be $8.12 but the website says $11.72 for the 2 lbs 60oz package

the box dimentions dont factor in because they are H-5 1/4 , W-6 1/2 , L-7 1/2 inches

so basicly your screwed shipping from michigan to california now

i used to only be off by 50 cents in calculating the shipping price from the website, now i have no idea what the real price is anymore

ok im done, carry on with your day, i feel alittle better after venting

I ship everything in boxes. I use the smallest boxes possible to help reduce the cost of shipping.

The smallest I use a 6" x 4" x 4" box which holds one to four carts. The cost of shipping is still fair and I buy my supplies from a shipping supply company which as helps keep the cost down.

I think the little extra cost is worth avoiding any hassles of damage.