IGNORED

How do you store your games?

pmpddytim

How are you storing your 5200 games? I have around 35 and I'm looking for a good way to store them for easy browsing. Since most don't have end labels its hard to just grab the one you want, plus I just have them sitting on a shelf now and they get awful dusty.

I would love to see what you guys are doing.

-Tim

Edited by pmpddytim

I keep mine in clementine boxes. You know, those little wooden boxes they come in at the grocery store.

mmmmmmm, clementines. My clementines come in big mesh sacks though. :(

I do like the floppy disk holder. I may try to hunt down a big one like that.

-Tim

I have a convenient plastic drawer I can store that Miner 2049er in for you. It'll get taken good care of, and I will be sure to "test" it every now and then to make sure it continues to work. :D

You can store my Miner 2049er (picked up at a local thrift for $1 btw :P ) if I can borrow your Bounty bob Strikes back :P.

Oh and I saw your "Atari games wanted" add on craigslist.........I'm watching you mister. ;)

-T

Edited by pmpddytim

I have a convenient plastic drawer I can store that Miner 2049er in for you. It'll get taken good care of, and I will be sure to "test" it every now and then to make sure it continues to work. :D

You can store my Miner 2049er (picked up at a local thrift for $1 btw :P ) if I can borrow your Bounty bob Strikes back :P.

Oh and I saw your "Atari games wanted" add on craigslist.........I'm watching you mister. ;)

-T

I tried a wanted ad on craigslist. got a whole lot of emails for 2600 with 10 or so commons for 100 bucks or 200 bucks. I gave up on that route.

I store my games in a VHS video cabinet I got from my in-laws when they were moving. The space on the shelves is the perfect size for boxed games and the racks on the doors perfectly fit loose ones.

Edited by Scihorror

Here's one of the shelves, and so the CIBs are hanging out on shelf 2 from the bottom.

shelf_far.jpg

And around the TV I have the loose 5200 carts just hanging on the top. They're easier to just pick up and swap.

shelf_sys.jpg

Over the last few years my CRTs have been dying so I'm down to the last one. :(

Once I move out and get things settled I'll get some new TVs but til then it's not in the budget.

-T

My ad!? :ponder:

It's probably limited by the price, but I think it's a good starting point. I've got no results yet...