IGNORED

Cuttle Cart 2 not displaying anything on screen

RGB_Gamer

I just got a 7800 system (my old one died after a failed AV mod board install) with AV mod, and while the cuttle cart 2 I have displayed fine on my old 7800, it displays sometimes garbled graphics or a grey screen with stripes. Is there anything I can do to fix it? The 32mb MMC card is readable in my PC memory card reader. I know it's not the system because I tested a 2600 game and a 7800 game on the system and they both work fine.

Any help to get it working is appreciated!

P.S. I have no intention of selling it

Edited by eastbayarb

It may still be the system, I bought a SECAM 7800 (well 2 actually) and neither of them worked with the CC2, despite running normal carts no problem.one the display was how you are describing, the other booted up the CC2, but would not select anything from the menu.

You should still get a screen to display even if the MMC card is not inserted or faulty.

I would try to clean the contacts on the 7800 and the CC2, and if that does not work, try the CC2 on a different 7800 if at all possible.

Hope you get it fixed.

btw do you want to sell the case for the broken 7800?

I just got a 7800 system (my old one died after a failed AV mod board install) with AV mod, and while the cuttle cart 2 I have displayed fine on my old 7800, it displays sometimes garbled graphics or a grey screen with stripes. Is there anything I can do to fix it? The 32mb MMC card is readable in my PC memory card reader. I know it's not the system because I tested a 2600 game and a 7800 game on the system and they both work fine.

Any help to get it working is appreciated!

P.S. I have no intention of selling it

Have you pulled the MMC out recently? If so, I hope when it was reinserted that it didn't go too deep.

it should work w/o a card in it at all.

Exactly. The card i have in there is a kingston 32mb MMC card and like I stated before, this was working in a previous 7800 console.

I tried taking the bare PCB out of the CC2 case and inserting into the system. Still no go. Is the CC2 just not compatible with all 7800's?

When I insert the CC2 into the 7800, what displays on the screen is the same as if there was no cartridge inserted into the 7800 at all.

Perhaps it has something to do with my 7800 being AV modded?

Edited by eastbayarb

could be- what mod is the 7800 PCB?

maybe the mod bypassed something...

who did the mod?

What 7800 games work on the 7800?

i don't know, i bought the 7800 with AV mod off a guy on this forum. I don't know who modded it. Only 7800 game i tested (that i have) is pole position. The 2600 game I tested (only one I have) is pac man. I can't imagine the AV mod bypassing the cuttle cart 2's functionality. Like I said, with the cuttle cart 2 inserted into the slot, the 7800 behaves like there is no cartridge inserted at all. I did open up the 7800 and the board says "7800 Video Mod" on the upper right hand side and says "Copyright 2005 RetroKidz" on the lower left hand side. The mod board looks just like the one I bought from 8bitdoman.com about a month ago (I still have that one which I plan to put into another 7800).

I opened up the 7800 and took a picture of the mod board. looks like the install was done different than what the install guide suggests, because the install guide tells you to remove the video chip on the 7800, install the provided IC socket, and then put the mod board into the socket. In the picture, looks like they cut the video chip from the 7800 board, and wired the top of the mod board to where the pins on the 7800 video chip once existed.

post-15987-1211064401_thumb.jpg