IGNORED

International shipping from the usa for 1 loose cart

Rick Weis

it's been a long time since i sent 1 loose cart overseas, what's the going price to ship a loose atari 2600 game overseas? i have a homemade box that's about the size of a boxed 2600 game that i would use.

anyone send just one loose cart lately? :)

Thanks!

Rick

it's been a long time since i sent 1 loose cart overseas, what's the going price to ship a loose atari 2600 game overseas? i have a homemade box that's about the size of a boxed 2600 game that i would use.

Thanks!

Rick

Airmail, roughly $3.50, global priority about $5-$6.

Thanks!

Rick

Airmail, roughly $3.50, global priority about $5-$6.

Everytime that I have sent International Priority it has been $15-$20 or more.

Check usps.com.

Everytime that I have sent International Priority it has been $15-$20 or more.

Check usps.com.

I just sent roughly 2 pounds worth of stuff via Priority to Shawn Sr. and it was $9.95. This was after the rate increase. :ponder:

EDIT: Same day I shipped a loose cart to Rudi in Germany, via Airmail, it was $3.34.

There are now 3 services for USPS International:

First Class International

-formerly Letter Post

-only for under 4 lbs and with size limitations (maybe smaller than a shoebox is ok)

-no insurance or tracking is available for this service

-in other words it's at your own risk

-it's also the cheapest way to send small stuff

-you actually can Register First Class packages internationally for around $9, which is a very safe way to go

Priority Mail International

-formerly Airmail, but still uses Airmail stickers

-this service can be insured but not tracked

-no matter what you do you're basically paying for a 4 pound package, since that's really where this service starts pricing wise compared to First Class

-using Priority Mail for a package under 4 pounds is a waste unless you want to insure

-this service is no faster than First Class

-you are stuck using this service for all large packages

-flat rate boxes are available, but only really useful if you are shipping very dense small stuff since it's pretty expensive ($35 for a flat rate box to Europe, IIRC)

-flat rate envelopes are also available, but really only for the packaging depleted since you can ship most items for less using First Class unless you stuff the envelope solid

Express Mail International

-also known as EMS

-sort of faster than the above, but not typically overnight

-very expensive, but not as huge a difference as you'd expect when compared to Priority

-includes some insurance, but you can buy more insurance if you want

-includes tracking

-very safe but not as safe as Registration

I have the utmost of sympathy for international buyers when they are gauged for shipping from the US, because I buy quite a bit internationally. For example, I still find it hard to believe that you can't ship a loose cart in a bubble mailer from Germany for under $12. There should be a 'letter post' rate they can use.

Plus I am so tired of lame packing jobs from overseas. I had a homebrew sent to me recently (Munchkin Plus for Videopac) in the thinnest most anemic envelope without padding. Needless to say the envelope tore and the paperwork was bent and damaged. Even a bubble mailer would have been better.

Edited by ianoid

How long does it usually take for a small package from Australia to reach the United States. I've been waiting for over a month now. :(

About 14 days. It depends if they sent it the EL-CHEAPO AIr Mail Parcel Post also. I would get a little uneasy also. :x

I just sent roughly 2 pounds worth of stuff via Priority to Shawn Sr. and it was $9.95. This was after the rate increase. :ponder:

EDIT: Same day I shipped a loose cart to Rudi in Germany, via Airmail, it was $3.34.

That's a flat rate envelope. It won't work with larger items.

USPS Priority sucks, you're much better off using Air Mail - it takes the same amount of time to arrive at its destination, it costs two third less, AND it's less likely to get inspected by customs.

How long does it usually take for a small package from Australia to reach the United States. I've been waiting for over a month now. :(

About 14 days. It depends if they sent it the EL-CHEAPO AIr Mail Parcel Post also. I would get a little uneasy also. :x

There is no more Air Mail Parcel Post. It got killed last year, now there's only Air Mail (up to 4 lbs, 3-5 day shipping, but can take up to 15 days depending on the destination), Priority (2-6 days, way too expensive) and EMS.

Edited by Kitsune Sniper

I don't believe you read Rick's question, he didn't ask about shipping a nuclear reactor, he asked about shipping a box the size of a 2600 game. Which fits just fine inside one of those envelopes.

USPS Priority sucks, you're much better off using Air Mail - it takes the same amount of time to arrive at its destination, it costs two third less, AND it's less likely to get inspected by customs.

You must not buy and sell very often to make such a silly comparison cause Priority is faster and no it doesn't get checked by customs anymore than any other package type does. I have way more than my fair share of experience with all the types of postage from the USA to Canada and visa versa.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

I hate that there is no way to pay for shipping on Int Airmail packages online, through paypal or the USPS website. I use this service alot, and hate waiting in lines at the post office.

I think you may be able to do this soon although it may only be for people who ship lots of packages. I just filled out a little from today and someoen from USPS is supposed to be calling me soon. There supposed to be making it so regular letter carriers can pick up International, registered and certified packages. Not sure when they'll start though. Oh yeah, free Priority Mail tape is back! Not that I haven't been getting it since they "quit" handing it out but I think it's available to anyone the post office feels deserves it now. Just ask.

y-bot

There is no more Air Mail Parcel Post. It got killed last year, now there's only Air Mail (up to 4 lbs, 3-5 day shipping, but can take up to 15 days depending on the destination), Priority (2-6 days, way too expensive) and EMS.

First Class Air Mail = no insurance

Priority Mail International = insurance available

All of my work's expensive items are now listed as Priority Mail only for international shipping so we can insure it if the buyer seems questionable. We just got dinged for another Paypal chargeback the other day from some liar in Italy for $300 worth of model airplane engines.

y-bot

I don't believe you read Rick's question, he didn't ask about shipping a nuclear reactor, he asked about shipping a box the size of a 2600 game. Which fits just fine inside one of those envelopes.

It'll fit fine, yes, but it'll also get squished if you're not careful. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

You must not buy and sell very often to make such a silly comparison cause Priority is faster and no it doesn't get checked by customs anymore than any other package type does. I have way more than my fair share of experience with all the types of postage from the USA to Canada and visa versa.

I sell about 50 packages a month; in my experience, Priority gets inspected more often because of the huge customs form you fill out. And you don't get tracking, so why bother sending anything via Priority Mail International? Hell, EMS is just a few bucks more. If someone wants priority I just go with EMS instead. It gets tracking to boot.

First Class Air Mail = no insurance

Priority Mail International = insurance available

All of my work's expensive items are now listed as Priority Mail only for international shipping so we can insure it if the buyer seems questionable. We just got dinged for another Paypal chargeback the other day from some liar in Italy for $300 worth of model airplane engines.

y-bot

Priority Mail international might have insurance but it still doesn't have tracking. You're wasting your money on insurance, and you could still be hit with a chargeback because of the lack of tracking. Just upgrade to EMS instead.

Edited by Kitsune Sniper