IGNORED

Redemption Adaptor mod question...

doctorclu

I have a Redemption module that takes 7800 sticks.

What changes would I have to make to it so that it could use 2600 sticks?

As best I know the only difference between 2600 and 7800 sticks is that the 7800 sticks had a extra fire button.

None that I know of. You should be able to use a 2600 stick with no problem.

Mitch

I tried a 2600 stick on 5200 Joust, which led to my character flapping repeatedly. Indicates that the fire button was not working as it should.

I'll try other games.

None that I know of. You should be able to use a 2600 stick with no problem.

Mitch

I tried a 2600 stick on 5200 Joust, which led to my character flapping repeatedly. Indicates that the fire button was not working as it should.

I'll try other games.

Odd.

I home build ones that work with two button for sega pads and they work fine with one button for the cx-40 and similar.

Edited by Prodos8

I home build ones that work with two button for sega pads and they work fine with one button for the cx-40 and similar.

The 2600 version of the Redemption does work with the Sega SMS and Genesis controllers, supporting both buttons. The 7800 controller is wired differently, though, which is why we made a different version.

..Al

The 2600 version of the Redemption does work with the Sega SMS and Genesis controllers, supporting both buttons. The 7800 controller is wired differently, though, which is why we made a different version.

..Al

Yeah, I know the cx-24 buttons are wired differently. But I assumed, wrongly I guess, the cx-40 would still function as a one button stick with the 7800 redemption just like they do on the actual 7800 console.