IGNORED

Apple "Console" coming soon....

As far as Sega publishing classic games for a new system, what system hasn't Sega whored themselves to? You can play Sega games on every modern platform known to man. From cell phones to Gametap (PC) to hand-helds to console downloadable games. Having Sega games on it won't make an Apple console special.

It really depends on what Sega offers if this system is even real. Remakes? Ports? I guess we'll have to wait and see if any of this really happens.

Edited by retrogeek

In all honesty nobody cares about Apple since it is a game system already. The only diffrence is that now they are going to force us to use our television. I could see it now. A small white apple structure ( most likely like a girator ) next to the Wii ( which is going to yellow eventually ) and you will see the exact same GUI setup only in the form a game console.

Sega

That is the worst idea ever. I am not going into it, but it is the worst idea.

Edited by Red_Queen

• 2 weeks later...

If they do gaming, it won't be vs. 360, PS3, Wii. It will be AppleTV upgrades (either hardware or firmware) and DLC (downloadable content) from itunes store exclusively. It will be casual audience stuff. And I'm guessing there will be iphone tie ins.

If you're wondering if they would even need new hardware to launch a gaming platform, the obvious answer is, NO. They already have millions of iphones in the hands of potential gamers. They've just dragged their corporate ass in getting games to those users.

There will be no console, no hardware, no games at gamestop (aside from codes or a desktop rack), just DLC.