IGNORED

Gauntlet/Malagai Double Ender - ebay - aftermarket?

JustJeff2

http://cgi.ebay.com/Atari-2600-Gauntlet-an...1QQcmdZViewItem

I ASSume this is an aftermarket assembly

I made it. It does contain the original PROM chips in it of each game though. The cart wouldn't stay together without the screws so I didn't get a chance to take a pic of the insides without ruining the label. :cool:

Is it worth $99?

AX

I would say so. Honestly. How many Gauntlet carts with the original PROM chips in them do you see being sold. I have sold a total of three in a year that have the original PROM chip in them. These chips are not easy to come by all year round. for about two months a year about two times a month a gentleman in OHIO sells them. The chip itself goes for around $50 - $80. Sometimes you get lucky and can get it a little cheaper but not much. Malagai itself has been sold many times (the reproduction kind with the original PROM chip) for around $65 - $70. That's just for the single game itself made into a cart. Every Gauntlet I have sold has averaged around $149 just for Gauntlet. I wouldn't put that price on it if I wouldn't pay that price myself. It's not an EPROM or EEPROM reproduction game. The only difference is that this cart just not an actual original but it is the actual game with the PROM chip. I am speaking from sales experience that I have. I'm sure Crazy Climber will comment so I am ready!!! :D :P

Is it worth $99?

AX

I would say so. Honestly. How many Gauntlet carts with the original PROM chips in them do you see being sold. I have sold a total of three in a year that have the original PROM chip in them. These chips are not easy to come by all year round. for about two months a year about two times a month a gentleman in OHIO sells them. The chip itself goes for around $50 - $80. Sometimes you get lucky and can get it a little cheaper but not much. Malagai itself has been sold many times (the reproduction kind with the original PROM chip) for around $65 - $70. That's just for the single game itself made into a cart. Every Gauntlet I have sold has averaged around $149 just for Gauntlet. I wouldn't put that price on it if I wouldn't pay that price myself. It's not an EPROM or EEPROM reproduction game. The only difference is that this cart just not an actual original but it is the actual game with the PROM chip. I am speaking from sales experience that I have. I'm sure Crazy Climber will comment so I am ready!!! :D :P

Thanks for the detailed replies everyone