IGNORED

Had to leave a neg for the first time

shadow460

Well, I hate it, but I had to leave a negative feedback today.

On May 27th, I won a UMD on ebay. It was a bare copy of Lords of Dogtown, which was advertised as being in mint condition. Like an idiot, I didn't check the seller's feedback first--she had eight negs in a month's time. If I'd seen that, I'd have stayed away.

So I send out a postal money order on May 28th. I figure up to a week for that to arrive (they usually arrive in 3 to 5 days), and up to a week to get the item. Wrong. She claims the MO didn't arrive until June 9th, which I simply cannot believe. Finally, on June 13th, almost three weeks after I'd paid, the stupid movie arrives. I thought at one point it was not going to get here at all, and around that time I found a copy at Game Crazy for $5. I didn't buy it.

Shipping was $5 in the auction. A method was not stated, but if I'm paying $5 for shipping, I don't expect the item to be shipped in a first class envelope that could be bought for 50 cents with postage included. I can understand $1 or $2 in handling fees, but not $4.50.

OK, so I get it in the mail, and I'm pretty peeved at how long it took to ship, and also at the fact she mails it first class when I paid enough to cover priority mail! I open the package, and I find the UMD all scratched up on the outer clear part of the case, plus dust and pits on the UMD media itself.

I sent two emails to the seller during all this time. the first was asking if the disc had "Not For Resale" on it. No reply came until after I placed a bid. The second was asking if the UMD had shipped, and I got no reply at all. I assumed that it would be a waste of my time to try and complain with my last email being ignored. I also don't care to fight over the shipping charge, which I believe should be fully refunded if an item is not as described AND I believe the seller should pay for the defective item to be shipped back to them. Once again, I'd have to fight all of this out with a seller who doesn't respond to their messages.

For this kind of thing, the new feedback system really is a good thing. In the past, if I had a bad ebay deal, I would leave no feedback, or I'd leave positive with details of what went wrong. Now I have no reason to hold back on a neg when I do use ebay, as long as I have tried to resolve the issues, or I have reason to believe the seller will not communicate with me.

Hopefully this will be the last neg I ever have to leave, but somehow, I doubt that's true.

I got a response this time. It's funny how it takes a neg to get your seller to actually talk to you. At this point, it's too late to remove the feedback, though. The seller claims in a feedback response it cost her $7 to get this thing to the post office (but that includes taking all her other sold items with it, of course). She also claimed that the disc was mint. I don't know what she's smoking, but it's clearly scratched up on the outer shell. With the pits in the disc surface, I'm not sure that it'll play (I've seen them before in discs that do play, though).

I deleted the email she sent after the neg was left. I think she should have responded earlier in the week when I asked if it had been shipped. Also, what's wrong with just dropping a piece of first class mail in the outgoing box at home? It's fully possible to lock a personal mailbox, too, and give your postman the key.

I just don't get it. I've had a couple bad experiences recently with ebay, but at least the first one didn't cost me anything.

I don't have a link handy, but if you wanna read the short feedback "thread" look me up and check what I've left. My user ID is shadow_460.

• 3 months later...
What I like is made all the effort to communicate with the seller before leaving feedback. :thumbsup: With the new feedback system the real crap sellers should have lots and lots of negatives making it easier to spot them.

Actually is doesn't tell you much, the scamming buyers will always leave a neg.

The new system is far too one sided :(

What I like is made all the effort to communicate with the seller before leaving feedback. :thumbsup: With the new feedback system the real crap sellers should have lots and lots of negatives making it easier to spot them.

Maybe you can weed out the crap sellers, but how is the seller suppose to weed out the crap buyers? Everyone that bids on my auctions has perfect feedback, but yet ive had 3 non payers in the last month. What a joke

I don't have a link handy, but if you wanna read the short feedback "thread" look me up and check what I've left. My user ID is shadow_460.

NARUed

This makes things clearer

Did ebay finally ban her? Whatever happened, it wasn't soon enough to keep her from shafting a bunch of other people, too. Come to think of it, I never watched that movie anyway.

• 5 months later...
I've made 1 purchase in the last month, a 2600 cart and I'm still waiting for it 3 weeks later. I emailed the seller to see if the money order made it there yet with no response. I'm thinking I've definitely made too many purchases on ebay lately.

Dont pay with money orders , your not protected, go thru paypal and you are.

Well, I hate it, but I had to leave a negative feedback today.

On May 27th, I won a UMD on ebay. It was a bare copy of Lords of Dogtown, which was advertised as being in mint condition. Like an idiot, I didn't check the seller's feedback first--she had eight negs in a month's time. If I'd seen that, I'd have stayed away.

So I send out a postal money order on May 28th. I figure up to a week for that to arrive (they usually arrive in 3 to 5 days), and up to a week to get the item. Wrong. She claims the MO didn't arrive until June 9th, which I simply cannot believe. Finally, on June 13th, almost three weeks after I'd paid, the stupid movie arrives. I thought at one point it was not going to get here at all, and around that time I found a copy at Game Crazy for $5. I didn't buy it.

Shipping was $5 in the auction. A method was not stated, but if I'm paying $5 for shipping, I don't expect the item to be shipped in a first class envelope that could be bought for 50 cents with postage included. I can understand $1 or $2 in handling fees, but not $4.50.

OK, so I get it in the mail, and I'm pretty peeved at how long it took to ship, and also at the fact she mails it first class when I paid enough to cover priority mail! I open the package, and I find the UMD all scratched up on the outer clear part of the case, plus dust and pits on the UMD media itself.

I sent two emails to the seller during all this time. the first was asking if the disc had "Not For Resale" on it. No reply came until after I placed a bid. The second was asking if the UMD had shipped, and I got no reply at all. I assumed that it would be a waste of my time to try and complain with my last email being ignored. I also don't care to fight over the shipping charge, which I believe should be fully refunded if an item is not as described AND I believe the seller should pay for the defective item to be shipped back to them. Once again, I'd have to fight all of this out with a seller who doesn't respond to their messages.

For this kind of thing, the new feedback system really is a good thing. In the past, if I had a bad ebay deal, I would leave no feedback, or I'd leave positive with details of what went wrong. Now I have no reason to hold back on a neg when I do use ebay, as long as I have tried to resolve the issues, or I have reason to believe the seller will not communicate with me.

Hopefully this will be the last neg I ever have to leave, but somehow, I doubt that's true.

Not to bump an old thread, but if you really wanted that movie on UMD, I would've just given it to you. I have it in the sleeve from when I used to have a PSP and all it's doing is collecting dust. I just cleaned my room recently so I don't know if I got rid of it or not.