IGNORED

My (not) first Chuckwagon auctions! 10-17-08

nathanallan

Here are my first auctions up on the chuckwagon! More to come!

Nathan's Chuckwagon Auctions!

I hope someone sees something they like!

Also, this is one seller's store that I am considering carrying items from, please let me know what you all think.

Seller Link

Nathan

Edited by nathanallan

Also, this is one seller's store that I am considering carrying items from, please let me know what you all think.

Seller Link

Lukewarm frankly. The knockoff Wii is intriguing, but more in a 'fun to check out' way v/s a purchase. The majority of it seems like similar but different stuff that is available through retail.

I don't have a lot of experience with this type of stuff, but my instinct is to avoid it.

You wanted opinions...

Hex.

[ Time to keep my mouth shut and my eyes open... ]

I'm less concerned about the knock-off Wii (Chintendo Vii) and more concerned about the handheld game players and that Linux running machine. The white one with the penguin on the screen.

Yes, I did ask for opinions, and I appreciate it. Where are you located, Hex, cause I haven't seen any kind of mp4 or 5 player in these parts.

And if anyone knows of a seller that seems friendly and will wholesale, please post them, I'll check them out.

Nathan

I'm less concerned about the knock-off Wii (Chintendo Vii) and more concerned about the handheld game players and that Linux running machine. The white one with the penguin on the screen.

Yes, I did ask for opinions, and I appreciate it. Where are you located, Hex, cause I haven't seen any kind of mp4 or 5 player in these parts.

And if anyone knows of a seller that seems friendly and will wholesale, please post them, I'll check them out.

Sorry if I came off badly there, that was not the intent. I'm not up on the latest consumer electronic gadgetry or even models 3 years back. A lot of those looked like just off-brand PDAs or some kind of phone. <shrug> Tell you what, can you PM me with links to the specific ones you're tallking about? I spotted what looked like a handheld Genesis clone in there too.

Hex.

[ Clueless, but not hatless. ]

There is also a cart port for famicom clone games.

Does that mean it takes NTSC NES carts? That's a funky little machine :cool:

It won't take NES carts sadly, without a famicom adapter. It takes famicom games directly, though. Still I haven't tested that out, I don't have any of those carts to try with. That is from researching them (the clones) online. Pretty funky, for sure! I'm keeping one for myself, too neat to not pass along the love :roll:

Ah, so Famicom and NES carts are different. I'll be damn :)

Unless I'm missing something, they're different. NES carts won't fit, nothing I have will fit int the slot. So if I am wrong, please correct me. Never had a famicon before these two (the infrazone and fillip, by the way what names, huh). Everything I have read tells me that you need an adapter to have the games play on the other system (NES and famicom).

Nathan

Added more items, these are nicer, more coming soon.

Question for everyone: Is there no interest in plug'n'play TV games? I have a Super Joy and Crayola lot, but I am hesitant on listing it, see pic. The two famiclones I had up didn't sell, so off to eBay they go. Unless someone wants them here, off the chuckwagon. I guess you could say, the things that *don't* sell, fell off the wagon? HA! I kill me. Anyways... :) PM me if interested.

Nathan

post-7404-1215203770_thumb.jpg

post-7404-1215204051_thumb.jpg

post-7404-1215204061_thumb.jpg

I have an opportunity to get Atari items from Central/South America, and would like to know if things like the Artkaris, EDU 2600, King Carol, and Polyvox carts and also stranger consoles would be of any interest. So if there is, I will pick a few units up and list them at the Chuckwagon. See pics as examples.

post-7404-1215421525_thumb.jpg

post-7404-1215421543_thumb.jpg

post-7404-1215421565_thumb.jpg

post-7404-1215421577_thumb.jpg

Bump again, got some VHS tapes up, a few TV games and whatnot. Any requests for anything? I'll see what I can come up with.

I'll be posting up some DVD's as well this week. And Intellivision games.

There are lots of cool repro things up, is there any interest in repro boxes for games? or custom artwork on repro boxes?

Nathan

Edited by nathanallan

If anyone knows any horror buffs, I have the World Horror Convention books from 91 and 92 up. In the 92, Stephen King is the grandmaster. They've been in a bookstore stashed for several years, and are just now seeing the light of day. Lots of fan fiction and artwork inside, really cool books. I can't find any kind of mention of them anywhere, so I suppose they're kind of rare.

Also have some tabletop RPG stuff up (sourcebooks). Mostly newer, but in good shape and usable.

Some interesting items Nathan. The 2008 Infrazone Famiclone is pretty cool. Once I heal from the last round of "You bought what!?" that I had with my wife. I'll be looking at snagging me one of those and/or the crayon unit...

Hex.

[ Last seen drinking coffee and loathing self-important software companies... ]

The crayola game is pretty fun. I was thinking about maybe figuring out a way to hack a mouse on to the directional pad part, kinda like Mario Paint. I think it would make it even more fun!

That powerjoy is actually pretty fun, too. As a shooter, there is a little rise of plastic that makes a great sight for aiming so it's pretty acurrate for them(there are a couple). There's a tetris clone on it that is fun, and the other games aren't half bad either. Add the famicom slot underneath, and while it's a handful and you look like you're holding a postol-like tommy gun underneath, nice game rig, totally handheld.

Nathan

• 2 weeks later...

I'm expanding the shipping options, no longer strictly USPS. Also, I ship internationally, whether it's stated or not. I'll have more items soon, just not right now. More genesis game listings, as well as computer related stuff. Just have to have time!

School is starting back up, and that's when I'll have more time for myself. Funny, it is, how when most people are the busiest I have the most time. Just not at finals time.

Nathan

• 2 weeks later...

Seller Link

Nathan

Got some boxed games up, some NIB some CIB, plus a Vid Lid Plus, something I have never seen or heard of before.

Nathan

Seller Link

Nathan

Got some boxed games up, some NIB some CIB, plus a Vid Lid Plus, something I have never seen or heard of before.

Nathan

Ya, I checked out that Vid Lid - - Very Cool and something I've never seen before either. Anyone else seen one of these: http://www.chasethechuckwagon.com/item.cgi...item=0000008326

About the PnP's, yeah, I have to be careful. I didn't produce it, make it, and honestly I put it up for variety's sake. The Crayola is totally legit, though, a child's game. Of all the games that are on the white one, none are actual licensed titles, mainly hacks. I *do* have one of the power players that I got at a buddy's yard sale for a dollar, and it's a total rip off. It will not be listed.