IGNORED

eBay chuckle

Captain Beard

Maybe the seller means "all 18" and "all 15" games are included in the auction.

I know what he means -- my initial reaction was just one of amusement and I felt like sharing.

Ya, I always love the titles stating "Huge Lot" or something similar only to see a dozen games (or less) :) What constitutes a huge auction lot in the minds of you AAers. I would consider at least 50 games to be bordering on huge, but closer to 100 fits the bill for me.

Ya, I always love the titles stating "Huge Lot" or something similar only to see a dozen games (or less) :) What constitutes a huge auction lot in the minds of you AAers. I would consider at least 50 games to be bordering on huge, but closer to 100 fits the bill for me.

Yeah -- I've been on a label variant buying frenzy for several weeks now, so I've been scouring the lots on eBay and find this comes up a lot (no pun intended.) But then, it's all a matter of perspective, isn't it? As the owner of somewhere around 800 carts, I don't find a pile of 50 to be particularly huge, but if I'd never seen that many in one place before... It doesn't really bother me when non-Atari dealers do this -- how would they know? -- but the regular sellers who routinely pepper their auction titles with unnecessary adjectives (be it "huge", "RARE!", "Vintage" or what-have-you) do start to grate after a while. After all, calling an Atari cart "vintage" is like listing an 8-track as "out-of-print", y'know? "Space Invaders" is not "rare", carts with writing on them are not "Mint!" and the surest way to lose my interest is to insist that I "L@@K!"

Question for sellers who do this stuff: Why? You do know that nobody searches eBay for "rare" or "vintage" or (especially) "L@@K!", right? It's just clutter. And it's annoying.

Whoops -- sorry about the rant. Back to the chuckles...

Question for sellers who do this stuff: Why? You do know that nobody searches eBay for "rare" or "vintage" or (especially) "L@@K!", right? It's just clutter. And it's annoying.

Corollary: Many eBay listing searches are by title only. Using words such as those mentioned above, ASCII-graphics/excessive punctuation, or "attention getter" high-traffic terms that don't actually apply to the item offered (a.k.a. keyword spam) takes away space from your title that could potentially be used for more valuable search keywords, resulting in fewer hits to your listings by people actually looking for that kind of item. For better sales results, make every word in your titles relevant to the particular item being listed. Try to think like the potential buyer who knows what he wants, but may not know exactly what the item is supposed to be called, and include only the most relevant and accurate key terms.

Edited by A.J. Franzman