IGNORED

Can anyone on eBay pack?

the.golden.ax

Today's deliveries:

Item number: 290238618015 (postage on box $15.75)

Yep, not a bit of padding in this box!

post-18480-1213996651_thumb.jpg

Item number: 200228138790 (Postage on the box $6.13)

Paid June 5th, seller mailed June 17th. I paid $17.50 for shipping.

post-18480-1213996897_thumb.jpg

Item number: 130229863850 (Postage on the box $14.10)

post-18480-1213996837_thumb.jpg

Edited by the.golden.ax

Today's deliveries:

post-18480-1213996651_thumb.jpg

post-18480-1213996897_thumb.jpg

post-18480-1213996837_thumb.jpg

that is pure b/s dude...those systems appear to be in pretty decent cosmetic shape as well.... wtf are some ppl thinking :x ....some decent balls of news paper and proper layering would have done the job w/ just as much effort.

I just received a huge cartridge lot the other day.

All the carts were in great shape and the box was properly packed (in the sense that it was bulging with packing material.*)

Unfortunately, the material in question was exclusively packing peanuts and the carts were all loose and unwrapped.

It took me over an hour to pick all the tiny pieces of Styrofoam out of the open slots.

I can't imagine this would harm the cart, but man, what a friggin' nuisance!

*Note to shippers: It should be DIFFICULT to close a properly packed box. If you don't have to hold down the flaps while taping, you need more cushioning material in there.

I just received a huge cartridge lot the other day.

All the carts were in great shape and the box was properly packed (in the sense that it was bulging with packing material.*)

Unfortunately, the material in question was exclusively packing peanuts and the carts were all loose and unwrapped.

It took me over an hour to pick all the tiny pieces of Styrofoam out of the open slots.

I can't imagine this would harm the cart, but man, what a friggin' nuisance!

*Note to shippers: It should be DIFFICULT to close a properly packed box. If you don't have to hold down the flaps while taping, you need more cushioning material in there.

Yeah, we had one more box today, but I didn't show it because it's pink peanuts. I know the carts will be full. My wife is finishing the days packing before we get into that mess. It's a stink bomb too. People say I complain too much (and this feedback thing has just brought the worst out in me). I really think that if eBay want's to improove they should offer a graphic tutorial on how to pack, not play with the feedbacking system.

AX

Proper packaging seems to be a lost art. That first one, especially--let's just throw everything in a large box with absolutely NO packing material whatsoever! You couldn't possibly do that unless you simply _did not give a shit_ about how the items arrive on the other end. I hope you give them the lowest rating for I didn't look at the auctions to see how inflated the shipping was for each of those, but since you included the actual postage I can only assume that you paid well above that..

Damn, I just looked at the shipping costs for that first auction: $42.51. Hope you give that seller a one star (or zero if you can) rating for the shipping and handling fees. I can't believe eBay doesn't have a "Quality of Packaging" item--what a crock, since that's one of the most important elements of a transaction.

..Al

Today's deliveries:

$42.51 for shipping on that first one... :-o

...and, still, some folks here will maintain that you weren't ripped-off because the shipping costs were "clearly listed up front". :ponder:

It certainly could have been packaged better, but at least they were honest with the shipping costs. Edited by Christophero Sly

Proper packaging seems to be a lost art. That first one, especially--let's just throw everything in a large box with absolutely NO packing material whatsoever! You couldn't possibly do that unless you simply _did not give a shit_ about how the items arrive on the other end. I hope you give them the lowest rating for I didn't look at the auctions to see how inflated the shipping was for each of those, but since you included the actual postage I can only assume that you paid well above that..

Damn, I just looked at the shipping costs for that first auction: $42.51. Hope you give that seller a one star (or zero if you can) rating for the shipping and handling fees. I can't believe eBay doesn't have a "Quality of Packaging" item--what a crock, since that's one of the most important elements of a transaction.

..Al

Yep, it comes down to just not giving a crap. They sold it, done deal in their mind. They didn't steal my money, but come on....

Those silly star ratings do tick me off. They are one of the main reasons that I quit selling on eBay this week. I ship every order within 48 hours of payment, pack like it's my own item, charge actual postage, and I still have a low "DSR" according to eBay. On my feedback page it shows a 4.6 for ship time, and a 4.6 for shipping cost. I'm supposed to get a 5% discount for having an overall DSR of 4.6+. They say that on their end, where they calculate the discount, I have a 4.5 even though the public number differs. They denied me the discount this month. The agent said I had several 1 and 2 star ratings since June 6th. I think every feedback I have for a sale, says fast shipping or something to that effect since June 6th. It's a hidden rating system, sure it sounds paranoid, but I think eBay lies to keep their stupid discount.

I closed my store a couple days ago. Since then, they called me on the phone, offering to help me with tips to raise my DSR. They sent me a 10% off purchase coupon, and then emailed me offering a discount to open my store back up. They are also changing the policy on the DSR to count further back instead of one month at a time, and give a bigger discount for a better DSR (4.9 gets you 20% off). It appears that sellers like me, leaving in mass, ARE hurting their bottom line.

If I describe accurate, pack well, ship quick, email my buyer, and get a 100% feedback, why then am I equal to these above low quality sellers in eBay's eyes?

AX

Today's deliveries:

...and, still, some folks here will maintain that you weren't ripped-off because the shipping costs were "clearly listed up front". :ponder:

It certainly could have been packaged better, but at least they were honest with the shipping costs.

Yeah, note that on that listing, I don't say anything above, about the shipping being high. I talked with them, and knew what was included game wise, so it was okay. Games however did get broken in shipping. That's not okay.

What's not okay is charging an arm and a leg for shipping and HANDLING, and then not doing anything to earn the handling. Such as buying a little bubble wrap, or spending some of your time to secure the stuff in the package. I'm glad to pay for handling, that I actually get.

AX

Yeah, the $9.99 BIN didn't enter into his thought process at all...

I keed, I keed, of course there should have at least been some packing material! Noob seller.

that first one would piss me off to no end, but atleast the 2nd one tried to pack it with something

whats in the 3rd one the sellers garbage?

im going to show the other end of the spectrum with a package wrapped really good

this was what my portable CD-i 350 came in, it took me 20+ minutes to get all the parts out, the attachments were wrapped in the outter sponge, with the CDI inside another sponge like wrapping, it was the most fun i ever had unwrapping an item

post-541-1214000882_thumb.jpg

post-541-1214000898_thumb.jpg

What's not okay is charging an arm and a leg for shipping and HANDLING, and then not doing anything to earn the handling. Such as buying a little bubble wrap, or spending some of your time to secure the stuff in the package.
Clearly.
I'm glad to pay for handling, that I actually get.
If that lot had been packed in the softest goose down, wrapped in the finest silk, tied up with a golden ribbon it would still be impossible to justify a $25(!) "handling" charge.

Yeah, the $9.99 BIN didn't enter into his thought process at all...

What is it you're getting at? You seem to be suggesting that the high shipping costs are copasetic because the low BIN evens things out for the buyer and its only ebay getting the shaft.

that first one would piss me off to no end, but atleast the 2nd one tried to pack it with something

whats in the 3rd one the sellers garbage?

im going to show the other end of the spectrum with a package wrapped really good

this was what my portable CD-i 350 came in, it took me 20+ minutes to get all the parts out, the attachments were wrapped in the outter sponge, with the CDI inside another sponge like wrapping, it was the most fun i ever had unwrapping an item

A BOMB!!! :sad:

The middle one 200228138790 is missing items. It was open when it came (split in two places) It took them 12 days to ship, and they pretty much used trash to pack it. I told the seller what happened and asked for $11 refund. They gave me some sad sap story about loosing $3000 worth of tools that they left in their car. That's the hardship for why they couldn't ship. They went on to say they out right wouldn't refund me anything. They said I can return it less the shipping and handling. That's rich. I get to spend $6.13 to send it back, and NET a refund of $2.93 back out of the $26.56 I spent.

Yeah Right....

I gave him a chance to make it right. This is really sad.

AX

Today's deliveries:

HEY!

There's only ONE person here who is allowed, or for that matter ever does have anything bad to say about overcharging on shipping and that's ME.

YOU sir are not allowed to do so.

You couldn't possibly do that unless you simply _did not give a shit_ about how the items arrive on the other end.

Has to be, or severe mental retardation. Or often both, I suspect. :|

Luckily I've been on the other end of the spectrum when it comes to seller packing for a while now, and haven't had a similar horror story. Though I am picky about the people I deal with on ebay, and am quite clear about how I expect things to be packed when they will be sensitive to shipping damage.

Please make this your avatar, jetset. :P

:rolling:

Done! Now all it needs is a line underneath that says "No longer being ripped off by bad sellers", or something like that! Or even better, "I paid $9.49 media mail shipping and all I got was this lousy t-shirt"

..Al

Part of the reason is certainly carelessness. The 2nd is that Bubble packaging(at least what we use) has gone way up as it is another petroleum based product. Could be just a cheap a__. I think it's still worth it to pack well. Zero freight damage and subsequent returns are well worth it.

Edited by atarian63

Id pay for video of someone walking up to a postal clerk with a shirt that says that.

AX

I'll spring for the shirt.

are you going to ship the shirt by media mail?

would love to see the face of the postal inspector that checks that package. :D

Rick

Please make this your avatar, jetset. :P

Thanks... now I have 'They Might Be Giants' stuck in my head.... and I don't really know the words...

Anna anna we still haven't walked in the tone of each other's majestic pleasure...

everything spins like a broken record...

stopit! :P

Hex.

[ Probably should just sleep... coherence charge at 12% and dropping rapidly... ]