IGNORED

Can anyone on eBay pack?

the.golden.ax

Along with my being banned from Goodwill stores, I have also been banned from ShopGoodwill.com (it would be easy enough to fudge a new account on their system) They knew me from doing local pick-ups, my store ban included a site ban because they knew who I was.

On the topic of their packing. It's hit or miss depending on the location. Some of them are super packers. Others (one in MI) Sent me a swept up dust pan full of garbage along with my order, containing but not limited to all the kind a crap you would find in the back room on the floor of a thrift shop, bits of wire, dust wads, link, snips of paper, a very dirty latex glove (no I'm not making this up) a FULL dust pan worth.

In the immortal words of Matt Dillon with regard to "retards" :

"Those goofy bastards are just about the best thing I've got going in this crazy world."

AX

Now why ban you from the AUCTION site where you can pay as much as you want??????

I'm wondering if there's a bit more to this story........you didn't get caught playing shine the helmet with the Goodwill President's daughter or wife did you????????? :D

Along with my being banned from Goodwill stores, I have also been banned from ShopGoodwill.com (it would be easy enough to fudge a new account on their system) They knew me from doing local pick-ups, my store ban included a site ban because they knew who I was.

On the topic of their packing. It's hit or miss depending on the location. Some of them are super packers. Others (one in MI) Sent me a swept up dust pan full of garbage along with my order, containing but not limited to all the kind a crap you would find in the back room on the floor of a thrift shop, bits of wire, dust wads, link, snips of paper, a very dirty latex glove (no I'm not making this up) a FULL dust pan worth.

In the immortal words of Matt Dillon with regard to "retards" :

"Those goofy bastards are just about the best thing I've got going in this crazy world."

AX

Now why ban you from the AUCTION site where you can pay as much as you want??????

I'm wondering if there's a bit more to this story........you didn't get caught playing shine the helmet with the Goodwill President's daughter or wife did you????????? :D

No, he is something like 80 years old, just a grumpy old dude. The problem came when he started telling me what I could and could not do in the store. He did not identify himself, he was plain cloths (a suit you wouldn't want to be burried in), no name tag. I don't think I would have argued with the guy in the first place if I knew he was affliated at all. I gave them trouble with online part of shop goodwill in Nashville, before I ever bumped into him in the store. The online store, and I did not see eye to eye on the pick-up policy, but they never banned me from bidding over it. They liked to charge a pick-up fee, and most of the time they couldn't put their hands on my stuff. I had to go back and identify it for them. (not exactly worthy of charging a $5 pick-up fee)

On the day I got in trouble for buying too much, the online guy was there as were about 25 other managers of local stores (because it was a grand opening). A little while after the grand opening thing, they kicked me off the website. They said it was because my credit card didn't match my shipping address. I was given the opportunity to correct it, but I accused them of just being mean, because they knew who I was. They in turn unregistered me from their site. It didn't seem to bother them for several years prior to doing that, while I purchased a good $10,000 worth of crap over a three year period using their website. I always had the items shipped to an alternate address in the same zip code. (I have an office, a po box, a home, and at that time, a retail store all in the same zip code).

AX

You might have the right to by whatever you want, but Goodwill is for the poorer people that can't afford higher priced items. If the non poor people go into the Goodwill stores and buy up everything then it doesn't leave much for the poor people that shop there. It also could inflate the prices for the items sold at the stores since they are all being bought up at the current price. It is obvious that you are not poor if you are stating that you have bought over $10,000 of items online. If I was one of the managers I would probably not be to happy about the whole situation.

Edited by theking21083

You might have the right to by whatever you want, but Goodwill is for the poorer people that can't afford higher priced items. If the non poor people go into the Goodwill stores and buy up everything then it doesn't leave much for the poor people that shop there. It also could inflate the prices for the items sold at the stores since they are all being bought up at the current price. It is obvious that you are not poor if you are stating that you have bought over $10,000 of items online. If I was one of the managers I would probably not be to happy about the whole situation.

Ignorant post. I'm not going to fight with you man. You just have no clue.

ROFLMAO.... FOR POOR PEOPLE....

$10,000 over 3 years = $9.13 a day.

Just call me,

MR Moneybags.

You might have the right to by whatever you want, but Goodwill is for the poorer people that can't afford higher priced items.

Not really.

The money raised at Goodwill stores is for helping poor people. Goodwill stores are basically just permanent fund-raisers. But there's no real expectation that only poor people will be purchasing the goods -- and a moment's reflection should make it clear that a store could not survive long if only the poor were allowed to shop there.

Edited by Captain Beard

You might have the right to by whatever you want, but Goodwill is for the poorer people that can't afford higher priced items.

Not really.

The money raised at Goodwill stores is for helping poor people. Goodwill stores are basically just permanent fund-raisers. But there's no real expectation that only poor people will be purchasing the goods -- and a moment's reflection should make it clear that a store could not survive long if only the poor were allowed to shop there.

I didn't say that only poor people could shop at Goodwill. I said that if people that make a decent income go to Goodwill and buy up everything then it leaves nothing for the poor but the leftover scraps of junk. I shop at Goodwill and I make plenty of money, but I don't buy every shirt they have and leave nothing for the poor. I'm not trying to fight with you the.golden.axe, but you have to see it in the eyes of a different person, not just your own. It's easy to say "I am right because of...." but if you don't see the whole picture then you don't realy have a valid argument. I am just trying to point out the picture as the managers at these stores see it.

Edited by theking21083