IGNORED

Space Invaders 7800

PacManPlus

Thanks guys :)

There will be carts made, whether it be from me ot the AA store (probably both). :)

... Nobody found my little inclusion? I'll give a hint: The 'plain' attract mode isn't so plain after all... Please Activate Unit So Everyone can play. After you've 'activated' it, start a game.

Found it. Where's the 5200 ones? :) Just kidding.

Allan

Edited by Allan

What I'm going to do tonight - is try to get a screen shot of the 7800 color demo from the real hardware/CC2 through the A/V port on my PC. That way I can open it in Photoshop and get the actual HEX values for each color bar from a real 7800, and then update them in the palette file.

Up until now I've just been winging it, and going eyeballs only. Using the actual HEX values from a screenshot from a real 7800 with composite video out (like mine) might yield closer to perfect results.

Beautiful..that would be excellent...But let's continue this elsewhere as I don't want to lose the focus of this thread or hijack it from the attention Bob's Space Invaders deserves.

-Trebor

What I'm going to do tonight - is try to get a screen shot of the 7800 color demo from the real hardware/CC2 through the A/V port on my PC. That way I can open it in Photoshop and get the actual HEX values for each color bar from a real 7800, and then update them in the palette file.

Up until now I've just been winging it, and going eyeballs only. Using the actual HEX values from a screenshot from a real 7800 with composite video out (like mine) might yield closer to perfect results.

Beautiful..that would be excellent...But let's continue this elsewhere as I don't want to lose the focus of this thread or hijack it from the attention Bob's Space Invaders deserves.

-Trebor

done...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=128755

There will be carts made, whether it be from me ot the AA store (probably both). :)

... Nobody found my little inclusion? I'll give a hint: The 'plain' attract mode isn't so plain after all... Please Activate Unit So Everyone can play. After you've 'activated' it, start a game.

DUDE!

Hi-Res Old School Half-Assed Invaders.

Allan

OK, I'm lost...

Allan

OK, I'm lost...

I believe I have an idea what they're talking about. It's hidden feature that was mentioned earlier somewhere.

Edited by Bakasama

Well, I'm glad I'm not alone.

I let the demo screen run for a while...Tried setting the color option to 0, and let the game sit at that screen for a while...but I see no message, or option, or something hidden.

Bob, I am stumped on this hidden egg...lol.

-Trebor

Edited by Trebor

ok, ok. :)

For Trebor, Lord Helmet, and anyone else who didn't get it, I'll repeat the clue below ;)

The 'plain' attract mode (the one where nothing is wrong with the screen, a'la Upside down 'y' or extra 's') isn't so plain after all... Please Activate Unit So Everyone can play. After you've 'activated' it, start a game.

Final Release Candidate will be posted soon if there are no more objections :)

I found a small bug with the attract mode, and I want to check the '2 player competitive mode' more; that uses the most processing (along with moving shields and moving invaders shots).

Edited by PacManPlus

I was beginning to wonder if you were gonna add that. :)

There is a small glitch near the top left on the line below the where the saucer comes in. It is just outside the visible area. So I do not know if it shows up on a real TV, much less a real 7800. Since I'm running this thru a7800x it could very well be the MESS emulator.

post-3211-1216213121_thumb.png

hmmm. I have never seen that either with ProSystem or the real thing... It seems to be one row below the saucer. Does it move or change? I'm wondering if it's an overrun of the end of the saucer line or actually the beginning of the line under it...

I'll check it out when I get home tonight.

Thanks!

Also, I keep forgetting about changing the level indicator from hex to decimal

Edited by PacManPlus

For Trebor, Lord Helmet, and anyone else who didn't get it, I'll repeat the clue below ;)

The 'plain' attract mode (the one where nothing is wrong with the screen, a'la Upside down 'y' or extra 's') isn't so plain after all... Please Activate Unit So Everyone can play. After you've 'activated' it, start a game.

ok, now that's really cool :cool:

hmmm. I have never seen that either with ProSystem or the real thing... It seems to be one row below the saucer. Does it move or change? I'm wondering if it's an overrun of the end of the saucer line or actually the beginning of the line under it...

I'll check it out when I get home tonight.

Thanks!

Also, I keep forgetting about changing the level indicator from hex to decimal

It changes from time to time, usually when the invaders move down a line. My guess would be it is a MESS bug. MESS seems to occasionaly have trouble when switching from character mode. So chances are that is the problem.

Final Release Candidate will be posted soon if there are no more objections :)

Well, please accept unmistakenly sincere excuse that I was being dumb as dirt.

WOO-HOO! Final Reslease Candidate soon!

-Trebor

I'm going to give it a thorough playing today and if my skills are still intact (and if it translates) I should be able to play it pretty far. :D I have to play it on the xbox emulator though because although I have a 7800 and a Cuttle Cart 2, I don't know where my connectors and power supply are. They're in some box :lol: I have noticed that glitch graphic by the way, but totally figured it was an emulator specific glitch.

Full impressions later :)

Since I'm running this thru a7800x it could very well be the MESS emulator.

It is a problem with MESS.

MESS has more graphical bugs then ProSystem (Centipede, Kung-Fu are other good examples). You'll see more graphic glitches, extra line(s) present on the screen throughout.

ProSystem has more sounds bugs then MESS (Beef Drop, b*nQ, even Ms. Pac-Man). You'll hear squeals, screeching throughout the game occassionally.

It would be great to have an update to ProSystem that corrects the sound issues, updates to Underball's updated palette, and offers V-Sync/Triple Buffering :D

But enough talk of that...More importantly, there are no outstanding graphic bugs with Space Invaders...I'm more than ready to purchase a cart :thumbsup:

-Trebor

Hello:

Thanks for the compliments everyone! :)

I'm considering this my Final Release Candidate (unless someone finds something wrong of course).

1) Added a little bit of variable delay for the shots so they aren't so predictable.

2) Fixed the Level Display (displays 00-99 and rolls).

3) I think I know what MESS was having an issue with. Please let me know if the 'garbage' is still there. It's one of those 'should be initialized to zero upon startp' things. :-/

4) Fixed an issue when playing two players, the correct level number wasn't reflected.

Let me know if you find anything wrong :)

Thanks!,

Bob

Edited by PacManPlus

It runs great emulated with PSP7800 (based on ProSystem) on a Sony PSP running custom firmware 4.01. Very impressive work :)

You should really check out the latest version of PSP7800 I posted in the 7800 porum on this site. ZX has apparently abandonded it, or just has too many things going on, but I updated the sound and color palettes recently. It runs a whole lot better now.

It would be creat is someone could figure out the sound problems in the Prosystem source. I agree that Beef Dop and even Ms. Pac-Man sound like ass, on every version.

It runs great emulated with PSP7800 (based on ProSystem) on a Sony PSP running custom firmware 4.01. Very impressive work :)

You should really check out the latest version of PSP7800 I posted in the 7800 porum on this site. ZX has apparently abandonded it, or just has too many things going on, but I updated the sound and color palettes recently. It runs a whole lot better now.

Thanks for the update, somehow I missed your post. It is definitely improved, especially the sound. I like the UI changes as well.

The latest SI7800 ROM works nicely, at least for the 15 minutes I played it before game over ;)