IGNORED

Vector is dead!

fox

The only reason I see, why not finishing this Game is, that it is not possible...the way the project is started.  

Like much other projects on the ATARI X.

That's not right many projects can be finished even if they started in a wrong way, the problem it gets more expensive, will delay more than thought at the beginning, but can be finnished besides this is not a profit project -at least until this point-

Actually this is more like to start a new project, the problem there is no customer thus a project manager cannot ask question about goals, requirements (well, platform, programming methodology it's solved for numem code)

I havent work in any game project at all, only a couple of typical software development for pc machines, using common software engineering methodology. maybe if jeetbootjack (or anybody else) give me some tips about game development project magament I may help, otherwise I'm almost neophyte.

devwebcl

The only reason I see, why not finishing this Game is, that it is not possible...the way the project is started.  

That's not right many projects can be finished even if they started in a wrong way, the problem it gets more expensive,

I don't agree. VECTOR could have been done. The problem is it gets more and more time-consuming - we aren't professionals to do it all the time. Without the help of some gifted atarians (more graphics and level-designing) it couldn't have been done. So it ended up, unfortunately. :x

As for me, I was in the team and I started drawing some objects (enemies and items) and animations for VECTOR... but it came in vain so far.

That's not right many projects can be finished even if they started in a wrong way, the problem it gets more expensive,

I don't agree. VECTOR could have been done. The problem is it gets more and more time-consuming - we aren't professionals to do it all the time. Without the help of some gifted atarians (more graphics and level-designing) it couldn't have been done. So it ended up, unfortunately. :x

As for me, I was in the team and I started drawing some objects (enemies and items) and animations for VECTOR... but it came in vain so far.

This is just to bad to hear. I would wish I was just such a good coder to complete something like vector... :sad:

well if the engine is there, and draco has some knowledge is all that is needed is levels and graphics? or is level making for numen so complicated that it has to be done in assembly, hence only those who are bugg coders can make levels? I mean if there were SOME way to make levels with something useable to a non-coder, I'm sure we could pool together (or heck I'd do it myself -as long as I was able,-) Or is there still a lot of coding left undone?