IGNORED

I May Have to Sell My Activision Patch Collection.

screamin1

I am totally stunned by the recent upswing in the price of the Activision patches on eBay. That said, I am also pleasantly surprised. While I don't yet have a complete collection I have a solid representation, most of them with the original envelope and letter that accompanied them. But seriously...look at these recent prices on eBay.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 370061807243

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 370061795479

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 370061782797

These are just a few of the recent crazy prices. Anyone on here doing this kind of bidding?

I am totally stunned by the recent upswing in the price of the Activision patches on eBay. That said, I am also pleasantly surprised. While I don't yet have a complete collection I have a solid representation, most of them with the original envelope and letter that accompanied them. But seriously...look at these recent prices on eBay.

These are just a few of the recent crazy prices. Anyone on here doing this kind of bidding?

I am also surprised at the upswing of prices. Nice to see people have an appreciation for Atari 2600 aceivement prizes. :D :cool:

With regard to the first listing, that particular buyer has been aggressively buying patches recently - looks like an attempt to put together a complete set.

With regard to the second listing, Bronze Medal patches can be easily found, but Silver and particularly Gold are rather rare. I'm a little surprised Silver went that high, but these get listed so infrequently that I really shouldn't be surprised at all.

With regard to the third listing, it went higher than it normally goes for, with a little patience it could be had for a bit less.

If you are selling your patch collection, it is best to list them individually.

Edited by Zwackery

I am! However, I did not bid high enough to win these. I've been trying to collect a set of patches and have many, but still have a few holes. Those holes look like they will be expensive to fill too!!