IGNORED

My first dispute...

hex65000

Yay! sellers on EBay continue to suck as they continue to try and recover their money by buying cheap and going long. Today's victim is:

Small auction...

So I bought this, and paid for it and I wait, and wait, etc. Now I've grown bored of the waiting and the dispute process deadline nears. I send him not one but two messages via EBay's msg system before I open a dispute. Once notably past the deadline I specified to him, and I decide that I have no choice other than to finally open a dispute he responds with this noise. Take a moment to note the inflated shipping and that I asked him specifically for any tracking information he might have.

the item was shipped already.. I shipped it via USPS. I am sorry, I do not have the shipping information, because items are usually delivered safely with them.

No when, no tracking, just I shipped it. He also isn't communicating through the dispute console; this one came through EBay's msg system. I'm not inclined to be of any assistance to this knob at all. He's guaranteed himself a neutral at this point. I'm guessing that if he fails to respond through the dispute console, they will interpret it as silence and I'll get a refund.

Of course, if it magically appears in the next few days I'll close the dispute. I'm a crank, but I'm not _THAT_ dishonest. :D

What is pathetic about this whole thing is that we are arguing about $8.50. At the same time, I bought it fair and square, paid for it and the inflated shipping and have seen ZERO. That's what has me cranky and if this guy gets a punch below the belt to smarten him up perhaps it's for the best. Any suggestions on my approach or am I just being too mean for my own good?

Hex.

[ Is not above being a bastard when it is deemed necessary. ]

Edited by hex65000

Yay! sellers on EBay continue to suck as they continue to try and recover their money by buying cheap and going long. Today's victim is:

Small auction...

So I bought this, and paid for it and I wait, and wait, etc. Now I've grown bored of the waiting and the dispute process deadline nears. I send him not one but two messages via EBay's msg system before I open a dispute. Once notably past the deadline I specified to him, and I decide that I have no choice other than to finally open a dispute he responds with this noise. Take a moment to note the inflated shipping and that I asked him specifically for any tracking information he might have.

the item was shipped already.. I shipped it via USPS. I am sorry, I do not have the shipping information, because items are usually delivered safely with them.

No when, no tracking, just I shipped it. He also isn't communicating through the dispute console; this one came through EBay's msg system. I'm not inclined to be of any assistance to this knob at all. He's guaranteed himself a neutral at this point. I'm guessing that if he fails to respond through the dispute console, they will interpret it as silence and I'll get a refund.

Of course, if it magically appears in the next few days I'll close the dispute. I'm a crank, but I'm not _THAT_ dishonest. :D

What is pathetic about this whole thing is that we are arguing about $8.50. At the same time, I bought it fair and square, paid for it and the inflated shipping and have seen ZERO. That's what has me cranky and if this guy gets a punch below the belt to smarten him up perhaps it's for the best. Any suggestions on my approach or am I just being too mean for my own good?

Hex.

[ Is not above being a bastard when it is deemed necessary. ]

I never buy from someone with less then 100 feedback as its never that safe.

I'm guessing that if he fails to respond through the dispute console, they will interpret it as silence and I'll get a refund.

Make sure that in addition to the Ebay dispute you file a PayPal dispute and escalate it to a claim also. I don't think the left hand talks to the right hand.

I'm always a bit wary of those sellers with 10,000+ feedback who have a million items up for auction at any given time (this seller has 691 active auctions as I write this).

..Al

Although this is not the seller Hex was dealing with.

Hex if it doesn't show I think I have an official PS1 multitap in the box you can have for postage. Not sure if it works or not, but would assume it still does. IIRC you were going to hack these up anyways right?

Hex if it doesn't show I think I have an official PS1 multitap in the box you can have for postage. Not sure if it works or not, but would assume it still does. IIRC you were going to hack these up anyways right?
True. Once I stabilize a few things I'll take you up on that offer. I don't even care if it is official Sony or not. The 3rd party taps have identical parts of what I'm after.

He's sent me a message saying that he'll send me his other multitap and asked for my address. I obliged him and stated that if the other one magically appeared :roll: I'd get in touch with him. I wonder if he just packed it so badly or sent it media mail that it got eaten by the postal system. Either that or he forgot to send it and is now just going to be buying time. Hopefully I will not have to escalate this.

Hex.

[ Has crummy Styx songs stuck in his head... or is it Kansas? ]