IGNORED

Craigslist Find

akator

Sometimes Craigslist is good, sometimes not. On July 1 there was a post for a working 5200 with cables and controllers for $20. I snatched it up. The local Play N Trade sells a broken 5200 for $60. One of the controllers is missing some buttons, but for now I can live with that. I cleaned it up and can't wait to play.

There were no games, but I won 15 games from eBay for $28 including shipping. Even better, a friend lives near a cool private game store which sells 5200 games for $1 each. He's going to pick up games that I don't have. Any suggestions?

Do you live near Walpole MA? I saw a similar listing in the Boston Craigs list recently. I have a 4-port system that I got for $20. It worked when I got it, but either the switch box or AC Adapter has gone bust. Still trying to figure out which it was and if the system is still good. If you do live in MA, I have a few duplicate games if you are interested in trading. Good luck with the system. Once you find a pair good joysticks, you will be golden.

Best Electronics is your friend here. They've got everything you need to get those controllers working good. They'll even rebuild them for you if you like.

I got a quote recently just for the parts, and it was $44 for their top of the line rebuild kit.

Do you live near Walpole MA? I saw a similar listing in the Boston Craigs list recently. I have a 4-port system that I got for $20. It worked when I got it, but either the switch box or AC Adapter has gone bust. Still trying to figure out which it was and if the system is still good. If you do live in MA, I have a few duplicate games if you are interested in trading. Good luck with the system. Once you find a pair good joysticks, you will be golden.

No, I live in VA. ATM I don't have any duplicates, but if I get any I will PM you :)

Best Electronics is your friend here. They've got everything you need to get those controllers working good. They'll even rebuild them for you if you like.

I got a quote recently just for the parts, and it was $44 for their top of the line rebuild kit.

Thanks for the heads up. There's a lot of useful stuff on their site...